WILKES-BARRE – Police are searching for two men involved in a burglary on South Franklin Street.
Police responded to a report of criminal mischief at 464 S. Franklin St at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday and discovered a bent door jam and glass knocked out of the door. Officers reviewed security camera footage with building security and saw two males take an elevator to the second floor, steal a 46-inch flat-screen TV and flee out an exit door.
The suspects are described as a white man, about 6 feet tall, wearing black shorts, a white t-shirt and a white head covering; and a black or Hispanic man about 5 feet, 10 inches tall, wearing black jeans and a black head covering.
Call police at 826-811 with any information.
LAKE TWP. – Thomas Harmon, who lives along of state Route 29 about five miles north of state Route 118, reported someone forced open a rear door to his residence and stole several articles of jewelry and seven long guns sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday.
Anyone with information should call state police in Wyoming at 697-2000.
NANTICOKE – City police reported the following on Tuesday:
• Thomas Beida, of South Hanover Street, reported someone threw a rock through his garage window.
• James Gordon, of Garfield Street, Nanticoke, was cited with public drunkenness, operation in unsafe manner and operation on streets and highways after he was observed operating an all-terrain vehicle on the street, police said.
• Clement Sosnak, of West Main Street, Nanticoke, was cited with public drunkenness after an incident on East Broad Street.
• Justin Eckrote, of West Green Street, Nanticoke, reported someone stole multiple power tools from his basement.
• Ralph Confletti, of West Broad Street, reported someone entered his apartment and stole a crossbow from his basement.
WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• Brittany Danko, of Wilkes-Barre, reported Thursday she tried to open a cellphone account and was informed there was an existing account in her name without her knowledge.
• David Oberrender, of South River Street, reported someone kicked in locked doors and ransacked his residence on Sunday.
• Kayla Jenkins, of Mountain Top, reported Wednesday the theft of a Pennsylvania license plate JBY-2519, from her vehicle while it was parked near GAR High School.
• Lilly Rosado, of Charles Street, reported Wednesday items were stolen during a burglary at her residence that was ransacked.
• Richard Borges, of Carey Avenue, reported Wednesday he tried to open a claim for unemployment and was informed his Social Security number is being used by another person in another state.
• Carolyn Mertz, of West River Street, reported Wednesday copper pipe was stolen from a residence on West River Street.