Friday, July 11, 2014





Damage from storm at $360M so far in Conn.


February 19. 2013 5:32PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) A spokesman for Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says the cost of damage to Connecticut businesses, homes and governments by Superstorm Sandy is $360 million and climbing.


Andrew Doba said Thursday that the bulk of the damage involves private insurance claims. The figure also includes claims to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.


Earlier this week, FEMA reported that more than 7,270 property owners in the state have applied for assistance, including 6,000 along the shoreline. About $4 million in federal funding has been awarded to residents affected by the storm, mostly for temporary housing costs.


Officials say applications for assistance are growing and there's damage in all eight counties in the state.


Doba says Connecticut suffered more than $1 billion in damage combined from Sandy, Irene last year and an October 2011 storm.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds