Monday, July 28, 2014





Ex-Nazi guard who fought deportation dies in Pa.


February 19. 2013 11:40PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) A lawyer says a former Nazi concentration camp guard who had been fighting attempts to deport him from the U.S. has died in Pennsylvania.


Attorney Adrian Roe says 88-year-old Anton Geiser died over the weekend and was buried Monday in Hermitage, about 75 miles north of Pittsburgh.


Geiser was born in what is now Croatia. He'd been living in Pennsylvania for more than 50 years but didn't tell his family about the Nazi service until 2004, when the Justice Department began legal proceedings.


Geiser has said he was forced to join the SS at the age of 17 in 1942 and that he never killed anyone. But federal prosecutors say his work as a concentration camp guard made him a party to the persecution of countless men, women and children.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds