Helping students develop spiritual character as they gain skills in basketball and soccer, Baptist Bible College will offer five weeks of sports camps this summer.
Defender residence camps allow students from grades 9 through 12 to spend a week living on campus. Big Blue camps teach sport fundamentals to local children through eighth grade.
The schedule for the camps is as follows: Defender Basketball Camp, June 23-28; Lady Defender Basketball Camp, July 7-12; Big Blue Basketball Camp, July 1-5; Defender and Lady Defender Soccer Camp, August 4-9 and Big Blue Soccer Camp, August 12-16.
Get details and registration information at www.bbc.edu/events. For questions on camps, call 570.585.9322 or email email@example.com.
* In Defender Basketball Camp for Grades 9-12, which takes place July 23-28, Coach Mike Show leads instruction time, shooting competition, team competition and chapel. Coaches are welcome to attend with their students.
* In Lady Defender Basketball Camp for Grades 8-12, which takes place July 7-12, Coach Amber Jacobs leads Lady Defender Basketball Camp. A former WNBA player, she will lead instruction, three-on-three and team competitions. A daily chapel time will feature guest speakers and coaches.
* Coach Chris Davis has been at the helm of the women’s soccer program at the college since it began in 1993. He will lead Defender and Lady Defender Soccer Camp for Grades 9-12 from August 4-9. Coaches are welcome to attend with their athletes.
Big Blue camps are day camps for local athletes from kindergarten through grade 8 that offer physical and spiritual challenges for younger players in a fun atmosphere.
* Coaches Mike Show and Amber Jacobs will lead Big Blue Basketball Camp for Grades 5-8, July 1-5, as a time for teaching local middle school athletes skills for sports and life. Students spend three hours on campus each day, learning with the coaches and BBC Defender basketball players.
* Young players will be led by BBC soccer coaches Chris Davis and Sean MacPherson, along with members of BBC’s soccer teams at Big Blue Soccer Camp, for Grades K5-3, 4-8, from August 12-16. Activities will grow their coordination and skill level. Each morning from 9-11:45 a.m., children in grades K5-3 will receive instruction. In the afternoon from 1:15-4:30 p.m., students in grades 4-8 will learn.