Two dogs perish in Pringle fire

June 9th, 2015 3:36 pm - updated: 3:36 pm.

First Posted: 6/10/2014

PRINGLE —Two dogs perished and a man was transported to a hospital after firefighters extinguished a blaze at a house on Cooper Street Tuesday morning.

Fire Chief John Fronzoni said the fire started in a rear second floor bedroom at 33 Cooper St. just before 9 a.m. There was heavy smoke coming from the second floor when firefighters arrived, Fronzoni said.

A man inside the house was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

Fronzoni said firefighters removed two pit bulls from the house.

“We attempted to revive them but unfortunately we were unable too,” Fronzoni said, noting several firefighters are trained at treating animals.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within 30 minutes.

Helen Snitko, owner of the house, said her son, Joseph Snitko, her nephew and nephew’s girlfriend, and two children reside at the residence.

The two children and girlfriend escaped unharmed.

Edwardsville firefighters and Kingston ambulance assisted Pringle firefighters at the scene.


NATIONAL VIDEO
POLL