First Posted: 9/3/2013
HAZLETON — A woman was arrested late Sunday night on charges she shot a boyfriend in the face during a domestic dispute at 719 N. James St.
Mary Kirkpatrick, 28, of Hazleton, was arraigned on two counts of aggravated assault and one count each of simple assault, terroristic threats and reckless endangerment.
Police said the man, whose name was not released, was transported to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
Kirkpatrick was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $100,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Sept. 11.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Police charged Brian O’Boyle, 37, of Wilkes-Barre, with retail theft after he allegedly stole items from CVS Pharmacy on South Main Street on Monday. O’Boyle was also charged with receiving stolen property and public drunkenness. He was released on $5,000 unsecured bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Sept. 10.
• A window was smashed at a residence on South Welles Street on Tuesday.
• A brick was thrown through a window at a residence on George Avenue on Sunday.
• Police cited Anthony Paul Lizzi, 20, of Wilkes-Barre, with public drunkenness and underage drinking when he was allegedly seen intoxicated on North Main Street on Aug. 25.
• Police arrested David S. Carpenter, 24, of Hillside Street, Wilkes-Barre, on Monday after he allegedly threatened a woman with a gun while they were riding an ATV. The woman said she told Carpenter he was driving too fast when he allegedly threatened her, according to the criminal complaint.
Carpenter was charged with terroristic threats, simple assault and harassment. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $10,000 bail.
PLAINS TWP. — Township police charged Eric Landolt, 46, of Laflin, on evidence of drunken driving after he allegedly struck a building housing Georgetti Painting Co. on West Carey Street on Aug. 17.
Landolt drove away and was stopped by state police after he failed to stop for a red traffic signal at North River Street and Exit 3 of the North Cross Valley Expressway.
Landolt was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and one count each of failure to use a seat belt, failure to stop at red traffic signal and careless driving.
HANOVER TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Police arrested Darryl Bernard Taylor, 34, of Ridge Street, on charges he assaulted a woman in his residence Friday morning. Amanda Lopez told police Taylor struck Neisha Merrill in the face with a rechargeable flashlight as Merrill was sleeping, according to a news release.
Taylor and Merrill left the residence in a vehicle. Taylor was stopped on Hazle Street, Wilkes-Barre, where he told city police he was taking Merrill to the hospital but she got out of the vehicle before they got there. Police found Merrill on North Washington Street and took her to Wilkes-Barre General Hospital.
Taylor was charged with simple assault and harassment. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail.
• Whitney Catizone, of Diamond Avenue, reported Monday several items were stolen from her residence during a burglary.
• Police are investigating a three-car crash that occurred at about 12:42 p.m. Tuesday and sent two drivers to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
• Lori Sabol, of Knox Street, reported that someone damaged her screen door using a pellet gun sometime between 10 p.m. Monday and 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• Florence Jablowski, of Charles Street, reported that someone shot a hole through her bedroom screen and into her bedroom wall with an unknown caliber weapon on Aug. 29.
FREELAND — Michael E. Salko, 25, of Ridge Street, Freeland, was arraigned Tuesday on charges he stole a .22-caliber rifle from a residence on Hemlock Street on Friday. Police allege Salko sold the rifle for $40, according to the criminal complaint.
Salko was charged with two counts of theft and a single count of receiving stolen property. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $10,000 bail.
NICHOLSON — State police at Tunkhannock captured Carl John McNeal, 35, who is wanted by the Alabama Department of Probation and Parole. McNeal was captured while state police investigated a domestic dispute at a house on State Street on Friday.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Property was stolen during a burglary at a house on East Green Street on Monday.
• A white mailbox was stolen from a residence in the 300 block of Cranberry Road on Sunday or Monday.
• Anthony Vetter III, 28, of West Hazleton, was cited with criminal mischief after police investigated a report of a man breaking a window in the 800 block of West 15th Street early Sunday morning, police said.
• A man reported on Tuesday that someone punctured the gas tank and cut the brake line to one of his business’s vehicles while it was parked in the 700 block of South Poplar Street between 1:30 p.m. Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday.
• Elvis Rodriguez-Sanchez reported on Tuesday afternoon that his 2007 Ford Escape was struck by another vehicle while it was parked in the 100 block of West Broad Street.
• Newall Paulino-Feliz , 18, of Hazleton, reported on Tuesday afternoon that someone stole money, a pair of Air Jordan shoes, an iPhone 3 cell phone and an iPhone 4 cell phone case.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents should contact city police via dialing 911. Police said all information received will be kept confidential.
• Two women were cited after a two-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon.
Police said Sandra Gliem, 30, of West Hazleton, was stopped for a traffic light at 18th and Church streets at about 5:15 p.m. when Courtney Adomshick, 23, of Freeland, rear-ended Gliem’s 2013 Jeep with her 2000 Chevrolet.
Adomshick was cited with careless driving and Gliem was cited with driving with a suspended license, police said. No injuries were reported.
NANTICOKE — State police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement recently cited Fraternal Order of Eagles, Nanticoke Aerie 835, 48 E. Ridge St., with possessing or operating gambling devices or permitted gambling or lotteries.
HAZLE TWP. — State police in Hazleton reported the following:
• Sharon Patricia Kukowski, 50, of Four Seasons Court, reported someone entered her residence sometime between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and rummaged through her drawers and drawers of family members. No property was reported stolen.
• Thomas Christopher Cangialosi, of 1143 Harwood Road, reported someone took possession of his .380 caliber pistol sometime between 2 a.m. Sunday and 4 p.m. Monday.
Anyone with information on either incident should call state police at 459-3890.