First Posted: 5/29/2014
PLYMOUTH TWP. — Someone broke into Banko’s Seafood restaurant on Allen Street between 1 a.m. and 1:37 a.m. Thursday and stole cash.
The suspect is described as a white, non-Hispanic male around 40 years old, according to state police at Wyoming.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• A white male with a goatee and shaved head, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, wearing a white collared dress shirt and a black jacket, walked out of the Family Dollar store at 700 W. Broad St. with several items concealed in his jacket and fled east on West Broad Street in a black 2005 Subaru hatchback at about 10:38 a.m. Thursday.
• Someone stole several power tools from a shed in the 800 block of North Locust Street. The theft was reported at 9:55 a.m. Thursday.
Anyone with information on any of these incidents should contact Hazleton police via dialing 911.
• Anthony Liene, 20, will be cited with disorderly conduct and criminal trespass after he allegedly created a disturbance in the Dollar General store at 808 McNair St. at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday and refused to leave, police said.
HANOVER TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Police arrested Michael Holovack, 38, of Myers St., Edwardsville, in the 200 block of Marion Terrace apartments on an arrest warrant for burglary after he was identified as allegedly entering an apartment at Lee Park Towers on April 24 and taking cash and jewelry.
He was arraigned Saturday before District Judge David Barilla and jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $10,000 bail. His preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. June 3 before District Judge Joseph Halesey in Hanover Township.
• Michelle Bellis, 49, of Keith Street, Hanover Township, was charged Thursday with driving under the influence — first offense — and driving with a blood-alcohol content exceeding 0.16 percent after she allegedly struck a parked vehicle on Graham Avenue on Saturday, police said.
A Pennsylvania driver is considered intoxicated with a blood-alcohol level of 0.08 percent of higher.
Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. July 8 before Halesey.
• Ann Elick, of Oxford Street, reported her license plate bearing Pennsylvania registration PD0739V was stolen off her vehicle while it was parked in an alley by her residence on Tuesday afternoon.
• Dorothy Tinney, 48, and Patricia Dougherty, 38, both of Marion Terrace apartments, were cited with disorderly conduct after police found them allegedly fighting each other outside the 200 block of the apartments, police said.
• Fawn Workman, 18, of Hudson Street, Wilkes-Barre, will be cited with two counts of harassment after he was allegedly involved in a physical fight with two juveniles outside EZ Express on the Sans Souci Parkway.
An argument allegedly ensued about an illegal purchase of cigarettes, and Workman allegedly punched both juveniles, police said.
• Chester Kaufer, of West Liberty Street, reported an unknown male struck the front door of his home with a large rock, smashing a window, at about 12:20 a.m. Thursday and fled.
Anyone with information should call police at 570-825-1254.