PITTSTON — Pittston area residents will get their first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter on Route 315 on Friday.
A grand reopening, ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 8 a.m.
“We’re looking forward to re-introducing our store to the community with expanded offerings and a fresh look,” said Store Manager Roger Orlandini. “Our everyday low prices remain the same, but these investments add greater convenience and an improved shopping experience for the people of Pittston.”
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
• State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays.
• Updated bakery and produce department including energy saving LED lights.
• Refreshed pharmacy with new consultation room.
• Expanded sporting goods department.
• Updated cosmetics department.
• Expanded jewelry section.
• Walmart Pickup conveniently located at the front of the store.
• Expanded products in hardware department, including DIY home and auto repair.
• Easier to navigate: improved store flow, wider aisles, lower fixtures for better line of sight.
Beginning in September, customers of the Pittston store will be able to order Walmart groceries online and pick them up without ever having to unbuckle their seat belts.
As part of Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup, customers can select from up to 40,000 online grocery items, diapers, dog food and more, and choose the best time to pick up. A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into your car when you arrive — all at no additional cost.