WILKES-BARRE - A woman accused of stabbing a man in the face in December was arraigned Tuesday.
Keosha McCode, 24, of Building 312 Apt. 127 at the Sherman Hills apartment complex, Wilkes-Barre, was charged with aggravated assault and simple assault. She was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $20,000 bail.
City police allege McCode stabbed her ex-boyfriend, Akkai Kinlaw, in the eye with a knife on Dec. 21, according to the criminal complaint.
In an unrelated case, Sherman Hills management filed a complaint against McCode for allowing a person who was banned from the property to stay at her apartment, according to court records.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on March 14.
HANOVER TWP. — Township police reported the following:
- A preliminary hearing is scheduled March 19 for Brooke Bankes, 30, of Berwick, on charges of retail theft and providing false identification to law enforcement.
Township police allege Bankes concealed cosmetics inside Family Dollar on Carey Avenue and tried to leave the store without paying on Feb. 12. Bankes identified herself with another name, police said.
- A preliminary hearing is scheduled on March 19 for Nichole Rae Plesic, 40, of Willow Street, Wilkes-Barre, on charges of driving under the influence.
Police allege Plesic failed to stop for a flagman in a construction zone on Carey Avenue on Feb. 2. She showed signs of intoxication and failed field sobriety tests, police said.
- Police said they cited Edgar Harold Coulter, 27, of Dallas, with retail theft after he allegedly stole a hair cutting kit from Dollar General, Sans Souci Parkway, on Feb. 22.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. — Township police reported the following:
- A preliminary hearing is scheduled on March 27 for Attley Samuel, 19, of Hanover Township, on charges of retail theft and providing false identification to law enforcement.
Township police allege Samuel stole $102 worth of merchandise from Hollister, Wyoming Valley Mall, on Feb. 1.
- Preliminary hearings are scheduled on March 27 for Kristin Lanzot, 30, of Mountain Top, and Glen Perone, 28, of Huntington Mills, on retail theft conspiracy charges. Lanzot is also accused of retail theft.
Township police allege Lanzot stole $53 worth of merchandise from Wegmans, Highland Park Boulevard, and stole merchandise from Kohl’s Department Store, Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard, on Feb. 2. Lanzot was caught in a vehicle driven by Perone, police said.
- A 17-year-old woman reported a window was smashed on her vehicle when it was parked in the Arena Hub Plaza on Saturday.
- Jessica Fox reported Saturday a window was smashed on her vehicle and her purse was stolen from a parking lot near Chuck E. Cheese, Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace.
Police said they cited a 15-year-old boy from Weatherly with retail theft after he stole sneakers valued at $60 from JC Penney, Wyoming Valley Mall, on Saturday.
NANTICOKE — City police said they cited Frank Kozak III, 48, of South Hanover Street, Nanticoke, with public drunkenness after he was found lying near the curb at South and Market streets on Monday. The citation was filed with District Judge Donald Whittaker in Nanticoke.