Quantcast


Last updated: September 20. 2013 5:37PM - 635 Views
Associated Press



FILE - In this July 24, 2013 file photo, Producer Jerry Bruckheimer poses for photographers as he arrives at the cinema for the French premiere of "The Lone Ranger," in Paris, France. The Walt Disney Co. announced Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, that it would not renew its first-look deal with the producer, when it expires next year. The move comes after Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" failed at the box office this summer. (AP Photo/Francois Mori, File)
FILE - In this July 24, 2013 file photo, Producer Jerry Bruckheimer poses for photographers as he arrives at the cinema for the French premiere of "The Lone Ranger," in Paris, France. The Walt Disney Co. announced Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, that it would not renew its first-look deal with the producer, when it expires next year. The move comes after Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" failed at the box office this summer. (AP Photo/Francois Mori, File)
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

(AP) The Walt Disney Co. has announced that it would not renew its first-look deal with producer Jerry Bruckheimer.


The 69-year-old Bruckheimer produced such hits for the studio as "Pirates of the Caribbean," ''National Treasure," ''Armageddon," ''Con Air" and "The Rock."


The company said it will continue to focus on its branded properties from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm.


Disney said it will keep working with Bruckheimer on the fifth installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean. The release date for the fifth movie in the series was removed from Disney's distribution schedule earlier this month. It was originally scheduled to launch July 10, 2015.


The move comes after Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" failed at the box office this summer.


Associated Press
Comments
All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Wilkes-Barre Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com