What you will need:
Bamboo skewers, tape, a marker, a three-foot strip of streamer or ribbon, a spool of string, a large piece of plastic (such as a large shopping bag) and scissors
1. Start by using the skewers to make a cross shape. Use tape around the skewers to keep the center of the cross in place. You may need to tape it twice so it stays strong.
2. Flatten out the piece of plastic or plastic bag and lay the skewers in the middle. Using a marker, draw a diamond shape on the plastic by drawing lines from one end of each skewer to the other.
3. Use scissors to cut out the diamond shape, then tape the points of the diamond to the ends of the skewers. Tape them twice if needed to make sure they stay.
4. Poke two small holes in the center of the plastic where the skewers cross. Using your spool of string, tie the plastic to the skewers. Make a few knots so it is secure. Do not cut the knot from the spool since this is how you will hold onto the kite to fly it.
5. Use three feet of streamer or ribbon to make the kite’s tail. You can tape it to the bottom of your kite. You can also use small stickers to decorate your kite if you’d like.
Enjoy flying your kite on the next windy day!