WILKES-BARRE — City police are investigating an armed robbery and assault inside a Scott Street residence on Sunday.
A 44-year-old man, a 23-year-old man from Edwardsville, and a 21-year-old woman from Edwardsville told police two men, each carrying long-barrel handguns, entered the residence just before 7 p.m. and assaulted them.
The two suspects left the residence with items.
The victims, whose names were not released, described the suspects as:
• A black man wearing a dark-colored bandana around his face, black winter hat, black hooded sweatshirt, black gloves, dark blue jeans and black boots.
• A black man wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, brown boots, clear plastic gloves and a rubber Halloween mask with big teeth.
WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• Police arrested Denise Ziagos, 31, of Pittston, on Sunday on an outstanding retail theft warrant. Ziagos was also wanted by the Lackawanna County Sheriff’s Department.
• Tanisha Goggins, of Jones Street, reported Sunday someone entered her residence and took $200.
FOSTER TWP. — Gilbert Swanberg of Freeland reported someone damaged the driver’s side front tire rim and loosened lug nuts on his vehicle in the 500 block of Luzerne Street sometime Saturday night into Sunday morning, state police at Hazleton said.
TUNKHANNOCK TWP. — A man from Virginia suffered a minor injury when he lost control of a water tanker truck that rolled on U.S. Route 6 on Monday, state police at Tunkhannock said.
State police said Christopher Boggs, 36, of Pound, Va., was driving a full water tanker truck that slid off the roadway and rolled near Cozy Creek Campground Road at about 1:20 a.m.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• The driver of a silver SUV drove away after striking a parked 2000 Toyota Celica in the 700 block of North James Street just after 2:30 a.m. Monday.
• A car window was damaged in the 100 block of North Pine Street sometime Sunday into Monday.
• Police said a white 2002 Hyundai XG350, Pennsylvania license plate JGX-2851, was reported stolen Monday from the 600 block of East Diamond Avenue.
• The driver of an unknown type vehicle drove away after striking a Toyota Rav4 in the 100 block of North Laurel Street sometime Sunday night into Monday morning.
HANOVER TWP. — State police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement reported the following:
• Helen’s Inc., doing business as Senunas Bar & Grill, 133 N. Main St., Wilkes-Barre, was recently cited with furnishing alcohol to a minor.
• Outsiders Restaurant & Bar Inc., 650 S. Main St., Wilkes-Barre, was recently cited with purchasing malt or brewed beverages when the establishment had insufficient funds or credit.