HANOVER TWP. — Township police are investigating a robbery at Sexy Kutz, a hair salon on Lee Park Avenue near Oxford Street on Sunday.
Police said two weapons were displayed during the robbery that was reported at 5:15 p.m.
Two men were seen running from the business, police said.
PLAINS TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Carl Kavinski, 40, of Wilkes-Barre, was cited with public drunkenness after police allege he was stumbling on Stark Street on May 3.
The citation was filed with District Judge Diana Malast.
• Drunken-driving charges were filed Monday with District Judge Diana Malast against Jason R. Salvage, 35, of Pittston.
Police allege Salvage exhibited signs of intoxication after he crashed his car into a utility pole on North River Street on May 5.
• Drunken-driving charges were filed Monday with District Judge Diana Malast against John Shiner Jr., 31, of Waymart. Police allege Shiner exhibited signs of alcohol impairment when he was stopped for a traffic violation on state Route 315 on April 9.
WEST HAZLETON — State police at Hazleton on Thursday filed drunken-driving charges against Thomas Perez, 21, of West Hazleton.
Perez was stopped while state police investigated an erratic driver in the area of Oak and Fourth streets on April 15. Perez was 20 years old at the time.
Perez is charged with two counts of driving under the influence, and one count each of minor prohibited from operating a vehicle with alcohol, careless driving and underage drinking. The charges were filed with District Judge James Dixon in Hazle Township.
HAZLE TWP. — State police at Hazleton recently filed drunken-driving charges against Justin Hunsinger, 22, of Hazleton.
State police allege Hunsinger was found impaired when he was stopped for a traffic violation on Airport Road on May 12.
Hunsinger is charged with two counts of driving under the influence, and one count each of failure to use seatbelt, careless driving and failure to use turn signal.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• A Hazleton Area Water Co. Isuzu box truck that was reported stolen from a parking lot on West Mine Street on Saturday was recovered in McAdoo on Sunday.
• Jeffrey Quick reported Monday tools were stolen from a vehicle in the area of 640 Emerald Court. A window was smashed on the vehicle.
DUNMORE — State police at Dunmore believe a purse thief used stolen credit cards at stores in Luzerne and Lackawanna counties and are pleading for help in identifying the suspect.
An unknown man stole a purse containing cash, credit cards and a handgun from a vehicle on Clifton Beach Road in Clifton Township on Monday.
The vehicle was parked inside a garage at the time of the theft, state police said.
State police said the stolen credit cards were used at several businesses throughout Luzerne and Lackawanna counties.
The suspect may be driving a gold or silver sedan.
Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to call state police at Dunmore at 963-3156.