PLAINS TWP. — Police said several residents in the area of Helen, Diana and Maffett streets reported that their unlocked, parked vehicles were entered and coins, cash and personal items were stolen between Friday night and Saturday morning.
A suspect was seen in the area and described as a white male, medium build, wearing a baseball-type hat backwards, T-shirt and a large black wristwatch on his left wrist.
Police advised residents to keep their vehicles locked and to remove any items from them.
HAZLETON — Police reported the following:
- Police are investigating the theft of copper stolen from a residence in the 500 block of West Fifth Street between July 4 and Friday.
- Pedro Torres, 26, of Hazleton was taken into custody around 8 p.m. Saturday and charged with violating a Protection from Abuse order. He was taken to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility to await arraignment.
- Ryan Tayoun, 20 was cited with underage drinking around 9:05 a.m. Sunday after police responded to a report of a man breaking windows in the 500 block of Harrison Street. Police said he was intoxicated and in possession of an alcoholic beverage.
WILKES-BARRE — Police reported the following:
- A male broke into The Great Escape at 205 George Ave. around 4 a.m. Sunday and stole 12 bottles of liquor, 40 packs of cigarettes, spare change and two 40-inch flat screen televisions.
- A man Sunday said a gray Audi 4 with Pennsylvania license plate JFS9552 that he was working on was stolen overnight from the area of 40 Winter Lane.
- A resident of 202 Dana St. said that between 8 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Sunday the following items were stolen from the back porch: five 5-gallon cans of driveway sealant, six 1-gallon cans of crack filler, one 4-gallon container of cold patch material;and one quart of stain remover.
- A female told police she was sexually assaulted by a male while walking in an alleyway between Antonio’s Pizza on North River Street and Darling Street around 5:30 p.m. Saturday. She described the suspect as a white male, 5 feet, 6 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a dirty white T-shirt, dark jeans and had short dark brown hair.
- A man who gave false identification during a traffic stop on South Main Street Sunday was wanted in New Jersey. Dwayne D. Banks was stopped around 3:35 p.m. for failing to use his turn signal when pulling to the curb to park.
A check with Luzerne County 911 found no record of the name he first provided. He was taken to the Kingston Police Department for a fingerprint where he provided his real name and admitted he was wanted in New Jersey. He was charged as a fugitive from Justice.
- A red 2005 Kia Rio four-door car was stolen from the Nation Auto Sales, 101 New Frederick St. between Friday and Sunday.
HANOVER TWP. — Police reported the following:
- Rose Hart of Lyndwood Avenue said a FedEx package delivered to her residence was stolen Thursday. It contained several items and the value of the loss was undetermined.
- Joseph Skladzien said an apartment in a property he owns on Lee Park Avenue was broken into early Thursday morning and several radiators were pulled from their bases on the floors causing water damage.
- Edward Rought of Phillips Street said two personal checks were stolen from his residence and later forged with his signature.