HANOVER TWP. — Police reported the following:
• Jean Mihalick of West State Street, Larksville, said her purse was missing from the Pennsylvania Drivers License Center on Hanover Street. Mihalick said she went to the center on Thursday for her photo license and left her purse there. When she returned to retrieve it, it was gone. It contained her driver’s license, various cards and money. A check is being made to review video from the license center.
• Ashley Bryant of Lyndwood Avenue said Wednesday three females came to her residence and tried to assault her. Bryant identified one of the women by a first name, but had no identification for the other two. They left before police arrived. Bryant went to a local hospital for treatment of an injury to her hand.
• Police arrested Devin Rae Makarewicz, 35, of McLean Street, Wilkes-Barre, on charges she obtained a false prescription she tried to pass at Gerrity’s Pharmacy on Sunday. She was arraigned by District Judge Joseph Halesey in Hanover Township and jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail.
• Trisha Savage of West Division Street reported Sunday her purse containing personal items, an iPod and prescription medication were stolen from her vehicle.
• Jeff Willis of South Main Street reported Sunday an unknown person struck a front window that was damaged with a rock.
HAZLETON — State police on Sunday investigated a crash between a Nissan XTerra and a twin tractor-trailer on Interstate 81 at the border of Rice and Hanover townships in which one person was injured.
State police said the Nissan, driven by Guy Milks, 72, was traveling north on the interstate around 2:45 p.m. when he drifted into the tractor-trailer’s lane of travel and struck the rear dolly on the truck.
A passenger in the Nissan, Barbara Milks, 62, was transported to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Plains Township for treatment of her injuries. State police said she was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
Neither the driver of the Nissan nor the truck driver, David Michalski, 52, was injured. They also were wearing seat belts. The tractor-trailer was driven from the scene.
KINGSTON — Corinna Marie Long, 22, of Sheridan Street, Wilkes-Barre, was arraigned Monday on charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail.
Police said they investigated an emergency at the Budget Inn on Wyoming Avenue on Sept. 6 and found Long sitting on stairs with 12 heroin packets, according to charges filed.
A records check showed Long was wanted by the Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department on a charge she failed to appear for a court hearing Aug. 23 on a drug paraphernalia offense.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Oct. 2 before District Judge Paul Roberts in Kingston.
HAZLETON — Police arrested Jonathan W. Dering, 25, on charges he assaulted and robbed another man in the 200 block of East Oak Street.
Dering was arraigned Monday on two counts each of robbery and simple assault, and one count each of harassment and disorderly conduct. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail.
According to the criminal complaint:
A 20-year-old man told police he was walking on East Oak Street at about 2:30 p.m. when Dering approached him saying, “Where’s my money? You owe me money.”
Dering allegedly assaulted the man and took a mobile phone from his picket, the complaint says.
Police said the man suffered facial and head injuries.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Oct. 2.
EXETER — Charles J. Smith, 27, last known address as Slocum Avenue, Exeter, was arraigned Monday on charges he left the scene after he crashed a truck into a utility pole no Schooley Avenue on Aug. 23.
Smith was charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle, damage to property and careless driving. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $1,000 bail.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• A green lawn mower was reported stolen from a residence in the 100 block of Muir Avenue on Sunday.
• Radun Kastratovic, of Hazleton, reported Monday two tires on his vehicle were damaged in the 300 block of West Green Street.
HAZLE TWP. — State police at Hazleton reported copper wires and tubing were stolen from a residence on Thompson Street sometime between Sept. 17 and Sunday.