HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Tim Dymond of Kingston said his 2007 Honda Civic was struck by a white van at the intersection of 15th and Roosevelt streets around 5:20 p.m. Saturday. The van fled east on 15th Street and was seen turning south onto Grant Street.
• Pennsylvania license plate JHV5338 was stolen from a vehicle parked in the rear of the 600 block of Hayes Street between Dec. 14 and Saturday.
• John Komishock of Beaver Meadows was issued a citation for disorderly conduct after police saw him squatting with his pants down attempted to defecate in the St. Gabriel’s Cemetery at 9:41 a.m. Saturday.
• Two vehicles collided in the area of West 19th and North Church streets shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday. A 1999 Honda Accord operated by Felix Santos, 23, of Hazleton collided with a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country operated by Petar Nikodin, 68, of Hazleton. Nikodin was taken to Hazleton General Hospital for treatment of head and neck pain. Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
NOXEN TWP. — State police at Tunkhannock said Joseph Miller, 49, of Hunlock Creek crashed his 1999 Ford truck on state Route 29 on Nov. 27 around 8:15 a.m. Miller slid off the off the road due to ice, struck a tree and rolled over, state police said. It was unknown if Miller was wearing seat belt, state police said. Miller was taken to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Plains Township for treatment of minor injuries, state police said.
BRAINTRIM TWP. — State police at Tunkhannock said Dylan Ely, 22, of Springville, Wyoming County was taken into custody earlier this month and transported to Tyler Hospital for a chemical blood test. State police said Ely was driving a 2007 Dodge Caliber that was pulled over during a traffic stop on state Route 6 near Dolittle Hill Road around 10:40 p.m. on Dec. 7. Ely was suspected to be under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, state police said.
NESCOPECK TWP. — The wheels of trailer fell off on Interstate 80 and struck a truck traveling behind it, state police said.
The crash occurred around 1:35 p.m. on Wednesday in the westbound lanes near mile marker 247.7, state police said. Iaryna Shpachynska , 25, of Philadelphia was traveling on the roadway at 64 mph when two rear tires of a trailer she was pulling by a 2008 International Harvester fell off, state police said. One of the tires struck the front fender of a 2010 International Harvester driven by Michael Slebodnik of Carbondale, state police said. Both vehicles pulled off the roadway and neither driver was injured, state police said. The drivers wore seat belts, state police said.
KLINE TWP. — State police at Frackville said Joelle Arnold, 36, of Kingston will be issued a citation for causing a crash Friday on Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County.
State police said Arnold was driving a 2003 Dodge Caravan south on the interstate near mile marker 138.5 around 5:35 p.m. when a rooftop cargo carrier came loose and fell onto the highway. Edward Murphy, 21, of York was driving a 1999 BMW 328i behind Arnold and swerved to miss the carrier, traveling into the median where the car struck an embankment and rolled onto its roof, state police said. Arnold and a passenger, Richard Sims, 34, of Plymouth, wore seat belts and were not injured, state police said. Murphy, who also wore a seat belt, and suffered moderate injuries and was taken to Hazleton General Hospital, state police said. Murphy’s car was towed from the scene.
HANOVER TWP. — Police Saturday reported the following:
• Donald Drelick of Graham Avenue said an LG Intuition VS950 cell phone was stolen from his residence by an acquaintance of a family member. The suspect is a light-skinned black male who wore dark clothing. He was accompanied by another male.
• Three vehicles parked at Pasquale’s restaurant on the Sans Souci Parkway were broken into and valuables and personal items were stolen Thursday night. Maryann Ondish of Mountain Top, Meghan Panatieri of Plymouth and Shannon Shemanski of Nanticoke said the windows on their vehicles were smashed to gain entry.
• A man attempted to steal shampoos and conditioners from The Family Dollar store on Carey Avenue Friday afternoon. Store employees confronted him and he fled the store. The suspect was Hispanic, approximately 5 feet, 9 inches and wearing a tan knit hat with dark brown stripe around it, a long black jacket, dark jeans and red knit gloves.
• An employee at the Sunoco on the Sans Souci Parkway said a bald black man in his 40s stole Dutch Masters cigars Friday evening. The suspect fled in a white Hyundai.
• A woman attempted to pass a counterfeit $100 bill at the Star gas station on South Main Street. The suspect was described as a short, thin black female who fled in a dark-colored sedan.
WILKES-BARRE — City police Saturday issued citations for public drunkenness and an open container violation to Yhata Santiago of Rock Street, Glen Lyon, after a report of an intoxicated passenger on a bus heading to the Intermodal Center downtown. Police said Santiago exited the bus on Ross Street. She was located around 10:15 a.m. in the area of South Main Street and Hazle Avenue and she had an open container of Natty Daddy , police said. She had slurred speech, an unsteady gait and her breath smelled of an alcoholic beverage, police said. She was taken into custody, taken to police headquarters and held until sober, police said.