WILKES-BARRE — City police reported the following:
• A Boscov’s department store employee was issued a citation Friday for retail theft. The store’s loss prevention officer contacted police after an investigation revealed Shanta Mitchell, 27, of Wilkes-Barre concealed Polo Cologne for men with the intent of taking the merchandise from the store without paying for it. Mitchell was taken into custody, fingerprinted and released.
• Alan C. Martin, 38, of Wilkes-Barre was charged with public drunkenness after a disturbance around 10:30 p.m. Friday at the Turkey Hill Minit Market on North Washington Street. Police determined that Martin, if released, would be a danger to himself and others. He was held at police headquarters until sober because he could not find a sober adult to care for him.
HANOVER TWP. — Police Saturday reported the following:
• Police are investigating the theft of copper and an attempted burglary at Webgistix Inc. on Steward Road.
• Kyon D. McDonald, 30,of Wilkes-Barre was involved in a crash on Luzerne Street. McDonald was driving a 2003 Dodge Neon that struck two parked vehicles and damaged a fence. He showed signs of intoxication and was transported by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment of injuries and for a blood alcohol test. He was later committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for a warrant issued by the county Sheriff’s Department.
• Robert A. Kowaleski, 27, of Elk Street was arrested Saturday morning for a fourth violation of a Protection from Abuse order. Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at an Elk Street residence and determined Kowaleski and his uncle Scott Kowaleski were involved in a physical altercation. Denise Warman, Robert Kowaleski’s mother, attempted to intervene and was struck about the head by both men. A portion of her hair also was pulled out. She has a PFA against her son barring him from having any physical contact towards her. Robert Kowaleski was taken into custody and arraigned by District Judge James Dixon, Hazle Township and committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $35,000 bail. Charges are pending against Scott Kowaleski.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• John McLaughlin, 54, was issued a citation for harassment after a disturbance around 6:25 a.m. in the 200 block of North Laurel Street. A woman McLaughlin was arguing with said he pushed her causing a minor injury to her elbow.
•Ismael Bermudez, 54, of Freeland, was transported by ambulance to Hazleton General Hospital for a drug overdose after he was found lying on the sidewalk near West Third and Alter streets around 4 p.m. Saturday. He was under the influence of a narcotic and will be issued a citation for public drunkenness.