HAZLETON - The Family Dollar on the 700 block of West Broad Street was burglarized early Saturday morning, police said.
Police said they responded to a burglar alarm at 12:11 a.m. When they arrived, they found the front glass door smashed and someone entered the store and stole an unknown amount of merchandise before fleeing.
NANTICOKE - City police reported the following on Friday:
• Jacob Garner of West Field Street reported someone threw an egg and dumped tomato paste on his girlfriend’s car.
• Pamela Aftewicz reported someone entered a property on New Grant Street and stole copper pipe, fittings and wiring.
• Henry Nowak of South Hanover Street reported someone stole a package from his porch containing 5 boxes of 16 Keurig Vue K-cups.
If anyone has information on this burglary, they are urged to call Hazleton Police or 911.
HAZLETON -Police reported the following:
• Kenneth Pahler of Hazleton was charged with simple assault, harassment and terroristic threats after a domestic dispute Saturday morning.
Police responded to the 100 block of North Cedar Street on a report of a domestic dispute involving a knife. They were informed Pahler was upset with his girlfriend and tried to strike her with a knife. Pahler was arrested without incident and the victim, who police did not identify, was not injured.
• A non-traffic citation of disorderly conduct was filed against a female juvenile following an incident around 7:30 p.m. in the 500 block of East Green Street.
• A 2008 Cadillac Escalade was hit while it was parked in the 900 block of West First Street between 8 p.m. Friday and 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
• James Boyle, 23, of Hazleton was issued citations for harassment and criminal mischief following a domestic dispute around 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the area of Fifth Street and Sherman Court.
• A residence in the 800 block of Alter Street was burglarized between Dec. 30 and Jan. 3.
• One woman was injured in a hit-and-run crash around 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of 15 and Vine streets. Mia Maghear of East Hemlock Street, Hazleton was taken by ambulance to Lehigh Valley Hospital Hazleton. She was driving a 2011 Nissan Rogue south on Vine Street when it was struck by an unknown vehicle traveling west on 15th Street. The unknown vehicle continued traveling west on the street.