EDWARDSVILLE — A man from Newark, New Jersey, was arraigned Tuesday on charges he assaulted a woman.
Abdul Flowers, 21, was charged with two counts of simple assault and a single count of harassment. He was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $15,000 bail.
Police allege Flowers assaulted his girlfriend, Nyaviah Hardiman, inside an apartment at Eagle Ridge Apartments on Beech Street at about 2:30 p.m. Monday. A 2-year-old girl was inside the apartment during the assault, according to the criminal complaint.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on June 18.
BUTLER TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Police said John Hess Sr., 80, of Freeland, was driving north on North Hunter Highway and attempted to turn left when his vehicle was struck from behind by another vehicle driven by Brian Mucci, 44, of Freeland, on Saturday. No injuries were reported.
• A resident on Shaw Drive reported Saturday fraudulent charges were made on his bank card. One of the charges was made at a business in Old Forge.
• Police cited David Copeland Jr., 40, of Drums, with disorderly conduct and Brian McGill, 40, of Drums, with harassment after a dispute among neighbors on Tracey Lane on Monday.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Wade Thomas told police he fought off a would-be robber who displayed a knife and demanded his wallet in the rear of Turkey Hill, Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard, on Saturday. The suspect was described as a white man, 20s, wearing a grey tank top and tan shorts.
• Police cited Rashaun Johnson, 33, of Newark, N.J., with loitering after he was allegedly found lying on the sidewalk in front of Mirakuya restaurant, Kidder Street, on Sunday.
• Store security at Walmart Supercenter, Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace, reported a woman had stolen a “Spider Wrap” from a Sony surround sound system and drove away in a gray Dodge Charger on Friday.
• Amanda Hladasz reported her vehicle was scratched on both sides and was damaged in the front when it was parked near Kohl’s, Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard, on Sunday.
• Leo Bella of South Walnut Street reported Saturday six wooden fence posts were damaged in his yard.
• A woman had stolen $102 worth of merchandise from Rite Aid Pharmacy, Blackman Plaza, and drove away in a black pickup truck on Friday.
• Florence Kaufmann reported Monday a silver ring, a watch, a silver pendant, and a silver and diamond bracelet were stolen from her vehicle when it was parked near Bon Ton, Wyoming Valley Mall.
• The manager at Dollar General, Kidder Street, reported Monday an unknown man had stolen a True Living charcoal grill and drove away in a white Ford Ranger.
• Sandra Bungardi reported Monday her purse was stolen from a shopping cart while she was inside Walmart Supercenter, Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace.
PLAINS TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• An older blue pedal car was stolen from the patio of a residence on Avon Street from June 3 to June 5.
• Copper pipe was stolen from the basement of a residence on Maffett Street.
•A black wicker chair was stolen from a residence on St. James Street on Saturday.
• A resident of Rose Avenue reported June 7 the windshield on his vehicle was damaged.