WILKES-BARRE — Police arriving to investigate a report of people arguing and talk about someone getting shot on Old River Road around midnight Friday heard a gunshot and saw a group of six people scatter at the sight of the officers.
Police said they identified Anthony Wilson, Daemon Chapman, Tehovanis Linval, James Rodriguez, Jonathan Rodriguez and Nicole Okane as the six. Police said all denied either hearing shots or firing a gun, though a loaded 9-mm Smith & Wesson pistol was found in the bushes nearby and a matching 9-mm casing was found on a driveway near where the six were standing, police said.
PLAINS TWP. — State police said they arrested Susan Parrick, 49, of Kingston, Friday night on charges of public drunkenness, trespassing, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Officials at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino said the saw Parrick was clearly intoxicated and asked her to leave. When she resisted, officials called state police.
Parrick was extremely uncooperative, refused to reveal her name and screamed vulgar obscenities, state police said. She demanded to be taken to the jail, state police said.
Township police reported the following:
• Officers were called to Sheetz gas station along Route 315 Friday to find man lying face-down in a bathroom stall who was wanted by the Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department. Wayne Casterlin of Northumberland County was wanted for failing to appear for a hearing on a charge of simple assault, police said. Police said other charges are pending.
• AVG Services reported to police that a truck tractor was stolen some time during the early morning from the cpmpany’s location along Pethick Drive. The 1997 Mack truck has “AVG Services” written on its doors, police said.
• A driver and passenger were taken to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center after police were called around 12:40 a.m. Saturday to a hit-and-run at the Mohegan Sun Casino East Main Street entrance.
The suspect vehicle, described as silver sedan, was seen fleeing the scene. A piece of bumper left behind indicates it was a 2011 to 2013 Hyundai Sonata, police said.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• Sometime in the last week, a 40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun was stolen from North Laurel Street’s 800 block, police said. The pistol is a semi-automatic with a polymer handle. Police ask anyone with information about the stolen gun to contact the police department through 911.
• Jeury Caraballo, 22, of Hazleton, and Marcel Brito Colon, 29, of Bronx, N.Y., were cited with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness Saturday, police said.
A store clerk at the Turkey Hill along Alter Street called police after the two men were acting out inside the store, police said.
• Officers were dispatched to the 900 block of West Diamond Avenue early Saturday morning after it was reported that an 18-year-old male was drunk and had passed out a few times, police said.
Gergory Mota-Medina was taken to Hazleton General Hospital. Police said a citation is to be issued for under-age drinking.