HANOVER TWP. — Two people were taken to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Facility after a car crash on South Main Street near the state Route 92 junction early Friday morning.
Police said Ariel Dorris, 21, of the Drums section of Butler Township, was traveling south when she struck a center median and spun out of control, striking the bridge over Route 92 at about 1:33 a.m. Dorris and a passenger, who was not named, were transported to Geisinger for injuries.
The investigation is continuing, police said.
WILKES-BARRE — City police intend to file forgery charges against George P. Moses, alleging he wrote numerous checks on an account he opened in the name of a victim whom police did not identify.
The account was opened using a forged check from another bank account belonging to the victim, police said.
Moses also faces forgery charges filed by Wilkes-Barre Township police in August, according to court records.
HAZLETON — City police reported the following:
• A man walking in the 500 block of West Maple Street was reportedly assaulted and robbed by two men at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Police charged Megan Cieniawa, 29, of Hazleton, with simple assault and harassment after she allegedly struck a man in the head multiple times in the 600 block of Alter Street on Wednesday. Cieniawa was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $5,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Sept. 11.
• Items were stolen from a residence in the 200 block of East Ninth Street on Wednesday.
• Police are investigating a rep0rted burglary at a residence in the 500 block of East Mine Street on Friday.
• Someone reportedly entered a 2001 Honda Odyssey and stole the front seat, front door panels, the instrument panel and factory stereo while the vehicle was parked in the 500 block of North Vine Street late Thursday night into Friday morning.
SUGARLOAF TWP. — Richard Meier Jr., 20, of Hazleton, lost control of his 1999 GMC on state Route 93 and the vehicle struck a utility pole at about 8:50 p.m. Thursday, said state police at Hazleton.
Route 93 was closed for several hours as the utility pole was replaced.
HAZLETON — The state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement reported it recently cited Beniamino’s, Inc., doing business as Benito’s, 554-558 Alter St., Hazleton, with furnishing alcohol to a minor.