WILKES-BARRE — Police are investigating a robbery at the Turkey Hill Minit Market on Hazle Street early Sunday morning.
City police said a man went behind the check-out counter just after 2:30 a.m. and threatened the clerk, saying he had a gun. The clerk stepped away from the cash register and the suspect took cash. The suspect then left the store and fled on foot toward Hazle Street and then towards Ashley.
The suspect is described as being thin, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, having brown hair and a goatee and wearing a lime green hooded top. No further information was available.
Anyone with information should call Wilkes-Barre police at 570-826-8106.
FACTORYVILLE — State police said Homer Deboer, 24, of Tunkhannock, was cited with harassment after he threatened to physically harm a 42-year-old man from Factoryville. The threat occurred overnight Saturday on Creek Road, state police said.
WILKES-BARRE —City police reported the following:
• Several vehicles in the Miners Mills and Parsons sections of the city were damaged by BB pellets during the overnight hours between Saturday and Sunday. Police said they had no suspects as of Sunday afternoon. Anyone with information should call police at 570-826-8106.
• Police said a 46-inch television was reported stolen Thursday from a residence at 91 N. Empire St. A woman reported the burglary at approximately 12:30 p.m., police said.
• Roy Seabrook, of Wilkes-Barre, was arrested in the Sherman Hills apartment complex Saturday afternoon and charged with possession of heroin, police said.
• An officer on patrol responded to a loud noise in the area of Midtown Village, 41 S. Main St., at about 1:26 a.m. Sunday and saw a man running from the area. The officer gave chase and the suspect, when apprehended, allegedly showed signs of being highly intoxicated, police said.
The noise was apparently from a business sign being knocked over and broken; however, the business owner did not want action taken, police said.
The suspect, identified as Sean Thomas Ryan, 22, of Meadowlark Lane, Etters, was arrested and transported to police headquarters for processing. He was cited with public drunkenness and released shortly thereafter to a responsible sober adult, police said.
• Officers responded to the Ramada Hotel on Public Square at about 6:12 p.m. Saturday for a report of two guests who allegedly were intoxicated and refusing to leave. Scott Gemberling, of the Dallas Trailer Park, Dallas, was taken to police headquarters, cited with public drunkenness and held until sober, police said.
HAZLETON —City police reported the following:
• Peter Thomas, 36, of Hazleton, was taken into custody on an arrest warrant for burglary after officers responded to the 500 block of North Laurel Street just after midnight Sunday for a report of a man refusing to leave a residence, police said.
• Police responded to a fight on West Broad Street near Laurel Street at 2:38 a.m. Sunday and, upon searching the area, located to suspects in the Wendy’s parking lot on South Church Street. Police said Claudio Escobar, 27, and Jose Carlos Alvarado Lopez, 34, both of Hazleton, will be cited with disorderly conduct.
• Police said Noel Mejias, 27, of Hazleton, will be cited with criminal mischief after police responded to the 500 block of McKinley Street at about 5 a.m. Sunday for a report of criminal mischief. Mejias allegedly smashed a window on a front door leading into a residence, police said.
• John Toleda was cited with harassment after a domestic dispute in the 300 block of West Spruce Street around 10:45 p.m. Thursday.
PLAINS TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• Elizabeth Yale of Wilkes-Barre was charged with simple assault, resisting arrest, escape, public drunkenness and underage consumption of alcohol following a disturbance late Saturday at the Relax Inn on state Route 315.
Police were dispatched around 11 p.m. for a report of a naked woman running in a hallway and who smashed a window. Police located her in a room while she was choking a man and pushing him toward an open window.
The man said she had sprayed him with a Mace-like substance. The woman later identified as Yale appeared to under the influence of an unknown drug and fought with police.
After police handcuffed Yale, a 16-year-old girl from Plymouth fought with police. At that point Yale ran outside and was subdued with a Taser after she refused to comply with police orders.
Yale was transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility and the girl was released to her mother. The girl will be petitioned to juvenile court.
• Robert Schriefer Jr. was arrested early Sunday after a domestic disturbance at a Maffett Street residence.
Police arrived at 5:11 a.m. and heard a woman screaming in an apartment. Police said that when they met Laura Ruby she appeared to have suffered recent physical injuries to her face. Police took Schriefer into custody and charged him with simple assault and harassment. He was transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
• Amy Callahan of Pringle reported Friday that while her 2012 Ford Focus was parked in Lot C of the Mohegan Sun Casino at Pocono Downs it was struck in a hit-and-run.
HANOVER TWP. — Township police reported the following:
• An electrical box for underground utilities was vandalized on Steward Road in the Hanover Industrial Estates. UGI reported Sunday the covers were tampered with and electrical components were damaged.
• Tony Phan of Nanticoke Street said an iPad Touch and cologne were stolen from his unlocked vehicle overnight Sunday.
• Holly Lemanski of South Regent Street said a ring and two chains were stolen from her 2004 Ford Explorer overnight Sunday.