Price Chopper has always been good about its gas rewards program but recently it’s added even more ways to save, such as purchasing a product and getting a penny or two extra off a gallon of gas. This week, the grocer’s circular includes a coupon that will get you an extra 40 cents off a gallon of gas if you spend $100 in a single transaction.
Shur Save markets have 2014 calendars filled with $20 in coupons inside. Request yours when you make a $20 purchase using your Gold Card.
Weis has more than 500 Top Care items available on a buy-one, get-one free deal this week. Vitamins, medicine, oral care and various toiletries are included.
I want to thank the dozens of readers that entered last week’s trivia contest to win a prize pack of JOLLY TIME popcorn. Bev James, of Dallas, had her name randomly drawn from the pile of correct responses that knew the average American consumes 51 quarts of popcorn each year.
Bev will be receiving her yummy popcorn prize in the near future from our friends at JOLLY TIME.
If you don’t read the Parade magazine tucked neatly inside every Sunday’s edition of The Times Leader, you should. In addition to the informative articles, puzzles and more, there are also often coupons. Today on page 13 of the magazine KFC has two. One will get you a free 10-piece bites combo meal when you purchase one. The other will get you an 8-piece meal for $15.99. Both coupons expire Dec. 29.
Coupons seem to be the big thing today as insert after insert from retailers have coupons and savings passes for the taking.
• JC Penney has one for an extra 20 percent off when you use your JC Penney credit card or 15 percent off if you pay another way.
• Michaels has an extra 20 percent all purchases, including sale items, that’s good today only from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Macy’s has a five some of coupons. One, is a 20 percent off Wow! Pass which includes sale and clearance items, though I urge you to read the small print for exclusions. The others are for dollars off depending on how much you spend. They range from $15 off a $50 purchase to $50 off a $200 purchase.
• Kohl’s has a Yes Pass for an extra 25 percent off your $100 purchase today and tomorrow only. Not going to spend $100, don’t worry. The pass will get you 15 percent off instead.
• Bon♦Ton has a 25 percent off pass with some restrictions. It also has a $10 off a regular or sale price purchase of $20 or more also with some exclusions. Read the small print and use them by the end of Tuesday.
• Toys R Us has a pair of so-called Power Passes. One is for $5 off and another is for $10 off select Power Pass items throughout the store.
No coupon required for the toy deal being offered at Target. Many toys from a multitude of brands are buy-one, get-one half off. Brands include Lego, Fisher-Price, Barbie, Nerf, Hot Wheels and Disney Princess. Make sure you go here: http://coupons.target.com/toys-coupons to see if there are any coupons that can be used to increase the value of these deals.
I know that last week I had promised gift card deals for this edition but there were so many other good offers to discuss, I’ll get to the gift card deals next Sunday. Don’t worry, they’re not going anywhere.
Andrew M. Seder, a Times Leader staff writer, may be reached at 570-829-7269. If you know of any local steals or deals, send them to email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @TLAndrewSeder for news and offers throughout the week.