Wyoming Area Catholic School in Exeter hosted a motivational assembly at the school.
The NED Show combined a positive message with humor, storytelling, and with audience participation and yo-yo tricks. The assembly taught students how they can develop three valuable characteristics to becomes champions at school and in life.
NED is an acronym for Never give up, Encourage others, and Do your best.
This month Wyoming Area Catholic School will be preparing for Easter with a weekly participation in the Stations of the Cross. Students in individual classes prepare and participate in the Stations of the Cross each week.
• Wyoming Area Catholic School will sponsor an Easter Egg Hunt on from 10:30 a.m. to noon on Sunday, April 13. Any child ages 3 years through Grade 2 are invited and it’s free to anyone. Call the school at 570-654-7982 to register.
• Students in Grade 8 under the direction of Mrs. Toni Griseto, Religion teacher, Mrs. Ann Marie Walsh, Homeroom teacher, Ms. Maryssa Lewko, Music teacher, and Mr. David Tighe will present the “Living Stations” at St. Cecilia’s Church at 3 p.m. Palm Sunday, April 13.
• Report cards will be distributed for the Third Quarter on Wednesday, April 9.
• There is an early dismissal on Thursday, April 10, for Parent Teacher Conferences. Conferences will be held from 12:30 to 5 p.m.
• Students will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation on Friday, April 11th starting at 10 a.m.
• Students may begin to wear their spring uniforms on April 15. Students are asked to follow the guidelines laid forth in the Parent Student Handbook.
• Students who participate in cross country will have a meet on April 15 after school at Notre Dame High School.
• On April 16, students of Wyoming Area Catholic School will celebrate mass at 9 a.m. in preparation for Easter. Dismissal is at 11 a.m. and students will be off on April 17, April 18 and April 21 for the Easter holiday.
• April 23 there is a cross country meet at Lackawanna State Park.
• Students in Grade 2 will have a presentation by Fidelity Bank on Thursday, April 24, entitled “Teaching Children to Save”.
• On April 25, all students will participate in the “Race for the Cougars.” This is an annual fundraiser where students run laps in our field/playground behind our school to raise money from their sponsors.
• Sunday, April 27, Wyoming Area Catholic will have “Spring Open House” from 1 to 3 p.m. All are invited to come to the school to tour and meet the faculty and staff and see what Wyoming Area Catholic School is about. Mrs. Rishcoff, the school principal will be available to meet with anyone.
• On Monday, April 28, there will be a Grandparent’s Mass for the grandparents of students in Grades Pre-K through Grade 3 at 9 a.m. in our school gymnasium. A light reception will follow the Mass. Students are invited to show their grandparents their classrooms and their school facility as well as meet their teacher.
• Wednesday, April 30, is an Inservice Day for teachers. Dismissal is at 11 a.m. After Care will be provided this day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• There is a cross country meet on April 30 at Flack Field in Wyoming after school.