SWOYERSVILLE — A family and their pets escaped safely after their home caught fire Friday afternoon.
Swoyersville Fire Chief Marty Mahon said three or four occupants of a home at 218 Watkins St., made it out unharmed along with their cat and two dogs.
Mahon said he thinks the fire, which was reported at about 4:40 p.m., started in a bush near the porch and spread to the eaves and roof of the house. He said a second alarm was necessary for more manpower.
Firefighters from Edwardsville, Kingston, Forty Fort, Wyoming, West Wyoming and Luzerne assisted.