WILKES-BARRE — Next week the city’s Department of Public Works will begin cleaning streets and continue to do so throughout the summer in six-week cycles.
The work will be done on weekdays starting Monday and go from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
In order to accommodate the cleaning on scheduled dates residents are advised to remove their vehicles from city streets. Parking Enforcement will coordinate the notification of residents with DPW.
The first cleaning cycle will be completed on June 11 and return to Miners Mills the following day.
A copy of the schedule and street maps are available on the city’s online homepage at www.wilkes-barre.pa.us.
The schedule is as follows:
• Monday – Miners Mills (upper)
• Tuesday – Miners Mills (lower)
• Wednesday – Parsons Manor (Scott Street, George Avenue and Laird Street)
• Thursday– Parsons (VFW to George Avenue)
• Friday – Parsons (George Avenue to Stucker Avenue)
• May 12 – East End (upper)
• May 13 – East End (lower)
• May 14 – North End (Pennsylvania Avenue to Washington Street and North Street)
• May 15 – North End (Washington Street to North Main Street)
• May 16 – North End (North Main Street to River Common)
• May 19 – Downtown
• May 20 – Heights (Coal Street to South Hancock Street and Wilkes-Barre Boulevard)
• May 21 – Heights (Coal Street to South Meade Street)
• May 22 – Heights (Coal Street to South Campbell Drive)
• May 23 – Mayflower/Iron Triangle (Solomon Street to Stanton, Iron Triangle, and one side of Hazle Avenue)
• May 27 – Mayflower/Iron Triangle (South Street to Stanton and Empire Street to Sherman Street)
• May 28 – Mayflower/Iron Triangle (South Street to Stanton Street and all of Park Avenue)
• May 29 – Rolling Mill Hill/Goose Island (Stanton Street)
• May 30 – Rolling Mill Hill/Goose Island (Blackman Street to Stanton Street)
• June 2 – Rolling Mill Hill/Goose Island (Gilligan Street to Blackman Street)
• June 3 – Goose Island (one side of South Main Street)
• June 4 – South Wilkes-Barre A (Division Street to Horton Street)
• June 5 – South Wilkes-Barre A (Simpson Street to Mercedes Drive)
• June 6 – South Wilkes-Barre A (Miner Park to Riverside Drive and all of Old River Road)
• June 9 – South Wilkes-Barre B (Barney Street to Academy Street and Carey Avenue one side)
• June 10 – South Wilkes-Barre B (Meyers High School to Academy Street and Carey Avenue one side)
• June 11 – South Wilkes-Barre B (Academy Street and Riverside Drive to South Street)