Wednesday, July 23, 2014





Hanover Township family of 5 displaced by dryer fire


June 02. 2014 5:55PM

By - smocarsky@civitasmedia.com






Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


HANOVER TWP. — A family of five was temporarily displaced from their home because of a fire that started in their clothes dryer this afternoon.


Firefighters responded to what was initially reported as a structure fire at 144 Constitution Ave. at 3:35 p.m.


Deputy Fire Chief Joe Temarantz said firefighters found a fire in the dryer when they arrived and extinguished it within five minutes.


The split-level home sustained smoke and water damage to the first floor and basement, as well as to the laundry room in the basement, Temarantz said.


The family will be able to return after the damage is repaired, he said.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds