HARRISBURG — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation today announced that all driver license and photo centers, including its full-service center in Harrisburg, will be closed Friday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Customers may still obtain a variety of driver and vehicle products and services online through PennDOT’s Driver and Vehicle Services website, www.dmv.state.pa.us. There are no additional fees for using online services.
Driver and vehicle online services are available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week and include:
• Driver’s license, photo ID and vehicle registration renewals
• Driver-history services; changes of address
• Driver license and vehicle registration restoration letters
• Ability to pay driver license or vehicle insurance restoration fee
• Driver license and photo ID duplicates
• Driver exam scheduling.
A complete listing of PennDOT driver and photo license center closings in 2014 is available on the website under “News, Stats and Facts.”
PennDOT reminds motorists they can log on to www.511pa.com or call 511 from any phone to check traffic conditions before heading out on holiday trips.