Friday, July 11, 2014





Fatal NW Pa. fire blamed on extension cord


January 06. 2014 7:43AM
The Associated Press

Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Fire investigators in northwest Pennsylvania say they believe an overloaded extension cord sparked a fire that killed a man over the weekend.


Firefighters in Erie County were called at about 7 a.m. Sunday to an Erie home that had been divided into several apartments.


Deputy Fire Chief Mike Balliett said several residents made it out safely, but a man was found unresponsive in a second-floor bedroom.


Coroner Lyell Cook told the Erie Times-News that 59-year-old Thomas Argeny appeared to have been killed by asphyxiation due to the fire, but he was still awaiting test results.


Guy Santone, Erie’s fire inspector, said the fire started at an extension cord plugged into another cord with other things plugged into it.


One firefighter was also injured in a fall in the slick conditions.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds