The Glenburn Township supervisors met on Jan. 21 and supervisors announced that the winter weather has taken a beating on township roadways.
But road crews have been busy repairing pot hole scarred roads.
Fords Pond Road has been patched and potholes fixed. The road crew has been busy salting, cindering and plowing other roads, too. It was a nature — but not Mother Nature — that damaged a Waverly Township police cruiser patrolling the township. That neighboring township is contracted for police services.
Waverly Township Police Officer Eric Judge was responding to a call on North Gravel Pond Road on Jan. 5 when he hit a deer. The 2008 Ford Crown Victoria was totaled. Waverly Township purchased a black Ford Explorer to replace the damaged car.
During the meeting Supervisor Dave Jennings questioned garbage dumped near the former Precision Plant on Ackerly Road.
“It has been there at least 6 months and nobody has picked it up,” he said. The township will begin contacting attorneys to see about getting the garbage picked up.
The meeting was the second of the month for supervisors. They also met for a special annual reorganization meeting on Jan. 6.
During that meeting, the board voted to keep Michael Savitsky as its chairman, while David Jennings will continue as vice chairman. Bill Wicks is the third supervisor.
The following appointments were approved:
• Joanne Benson, secretary/ treasurer;
• David Menning, roadmaster;
• Mark Hopkins, road crew member;
• Waverly Township will continue providing contracted police services;
• Dalton and Clarks Summit will continue to provide fire protection;
• Walter Redel will serve as sewer enforcement officer while Dave Lamereaux will serve as his alternate and Gary Wilding will serve as the second alternate;
• Tom Wicks, code enforcement officer;
• Malcolm MacGregor, solicitor;
• BCM Engineers with Jack Scheuer as designated township engineer;
• Property tax collector will be Georgian Eccleston;
• Wage tax collector will be Berkheimer;
• Bill Wicks and Tim McCoy to the Recreation Board;
• Don Webster, Gretchen Jennings and Frank Berardelli to the Zoning Hearing Board;
• Tom Wicks, Mike Williamson, Marilyn Druck, Kevin Siebecker, Peter Smith, Mike Johnson and Ed Osman to the Planning Commission; and
• Mike Johnson, Randy Campbell, and Bill Booth to the Shade Tree Commission.
The supervisors set their meetings for the third Monday of the month at 7:30 except for when that meeting falls on a holiday then the meeting will be moved to the following Tuesday. The next meeting will be held Feb. 18 at 7:30.