SHICKSHINNY — Borough officials are finalizing the pre-application phase for the Luzerne County Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Buyout Program, and all applications — including supplemental information — must be submitted no later than 1 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15.
Supplemental information includes copies of:
• government-issued photo ID for all homeowners
• proof of citizenship for at least one homeowner
• receipts or paid invoices for money spent on the property
• FEMA letters, if applicable
• SBA letters, if applicable
• insurance settlements or letters, if applicable
• any other funding received for disaster assistance spent on the property
• statements for the most recent disaster-related government assistance prior to Sept. 1, 2013
• most recent mortgage statement
• 2012 tax returns for all owners
• Power of Attorney, if applicable
• FEMA/PEMA application and supporting documents, if declined by FEMA/PEMA.
The borough will provide help filling out the applications with special office hours from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the borough building, 35 W. Union St. Walk-ins are welcome.
Those who cannot attend those times should call borough Secretary Wendy Kramer at 570-542-2178 to schedule an alternate time prior to Tuesday.
Homeowners should note that Tuesday marks the completion of the initial application phase and does not guarantee that an applicant’s property will be approved for buyout by the Luzerne County Office of Community Development.
But failure to complete the entire application by Tuesday will result in automatic disqualification of an application and removal from the buyout program.