WILKES-BARRE – A city man charged with stabbing another man in Wright Township in August 2011 was sentenced Thursday to up to 13 years in state prison.
Armoni Johnson, 26, was sentenced on two counts of aggravated assault by county Judge Fred Pierantoni.
Johnson, who was convicted of the charges after a July jury trial, was sentenced to five years, five months to 13 years in state prison, followed by five years probation.
Pierantoni said Johnson will receive 186 days of credit for time already served.
Police said Johnson forced his way inside an apartment on Charter Driver and stabbed Justin Barna, 32, three times on Aug. 7, 2011. Barna survived stab wounds to his chest, abdomen and back.
A co-defendant in the case, Terrill Mattox, 29, pleaded guilty to a related criminal trespassing charge in August and was sentenced to two years, two months to seven years in state prion on the trespassing and unrelated drug charges.
WILKES-BARRE — Senior Judge Chester Muroski on Thursday issued arrest warrants for six defendants who were found in contempt for allegedly failing to pay child support:
• Mary Rindgen, Old Carverton Road, Trucksville, $2,754
• Edward Maopolski, Fulton Street, Duryea, $15,876
• Allen Weber, State Route 29, Dallas, $2,177
• Michael Fox, Miner Street, Wilkes-Barre, $1,465
• Justin Benzeleski, Springer Street, Moosic, $496
• Dean Lutinski, Meyers Court, Kingston, $2,910