Friday, July 25, 2014





Flaming beer-pong ball blamed for Bloomsburg blaze


October 12. 2013 11:18PM
The Associated Press

Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


BLOOMSBURG — Fire officials blame a flaming beer-pong ball for starting a fire inside a college student’s apartment in Bloomsburg.


The Press Enterprise of Bloomsburg reported the student was using a lighter to pop a dent out of the ball Friday afternoon when he dropped it. The student and his roommate tried to stomp on the ball to extinguish but it rolled under a bed, setting the bed on fire.


Deputy Fire Chief Scott McBride said the roommates tried to move the flaming mattress and box spring, then sprayed them with a fire extinguisher.


Firefighters doused the bedding and removed it from the building. No one was hurt.


Chief Bob Rupp said students elsewhere in the apartment building failed to leave despite blaring alarms and heavy smoke.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds