Saturday, July 26, 2014





Lawyer believes $765M concussion deal will succeed


September 19. 2013 4:38PM
Associated Press

Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) A lawyer who filed the first concussion lawsuit against the NFL says the league stepped up and the game will be better because of the litigation.


Philadelphia lawyer Sol Weiss believes the proposed $765 million settlement will go through, allowing retired players to begin getting payments within 18 months.


The deal could be nixed if too many ex-players opt out to sue individually.


But Weiss, speaking at Villanova Law School on Thursday, says they would face an uphill battle in court. He thinks most will accept the deal.


The awards could reach $5 million for athletes with Lou Gehrig's disease and $3 million for dementia cases, and includes medical testing for those without symptoms.


Senior U.S. District Judge Anita Brody must still approve the settlement, which was reached last month.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds