Sunday, July 13, 2014





Seau lawsuit merged with Pa. NFL concussion case


April 02. 2013 2:40PM
Associated Press

Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


(AP) A family lawsuit over the suicide of Pro Bowler Junior Seau (SAY'-ow) has been consolidated with NFL concussion litigation in Philadelphia.


A key hearing in the case is set for next week, when lawyers for thousands of former players will try to keep the issue in federal court.


The NFL wants the claims heard in arbitration.


The Seau lawsuit is being moved from California, where the 43-year-old died last year of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His family's lawsuit says he sustained violent hits throughout his career that caused traumatic brain injury, depression and ultimately his death.


The player lawsuits accuse the league of hiding the dangers of repeated blows to the head, a claim the league denies.


NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy says the league doesn't plan any additional comment before the April 9 court arguments.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds