Suskie Bassmaster River Series
(Held every Wednesday night)
July 31 results (39 anglers, 82 percent of the anglers brought fish to weigh-in, average weight of 1.5 pounds):
1. Dan Byorick — 2.22 pounds
2. Dan Byorick Jr. — 2.17 pounds
3. Chet Williams — 2.01 pounds
Small bass pool: Chris Ostrowski — 0.64 pounds
1. Chet Williams — 11.00 pounds
2. Dan Byorick Jr. — 10.40 pounds
3. Jeremy Miller — 10.19 pounds
4. Chris Ostrowski — 9.87 pounds
5. Dave Searfoss — 9.62 pounds
Harvey’s Lake Wednesday Night Bass Tournament
July 31 results (42 anglers, 13 fish weighed):
1. Bob Soley — 4.58-pound largemouth
2. Jeff Yagloski — 3.11-pound smallmouth
3. Nat Lussi — 3.01-pound largemouth
4. Joe Bone — 2.95-pound smallmouth
5. John Niezgoda — 2.88-pound smallmouth
Upcoming area bass tournaments
The PA Bass Casters will hold an open tournament at Lake Carey on Sept. 1.
The Suskie Bassmasters host a Wednesday tournament each week on the Susquehanna River through Sept. 1. The tournament will be held at the boat launch in Nesbitt Park. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. Launch is at 6 p.m. and weigh-in is at 9 p.m. For more information, visit www.teamrosencrans.org.
The Harveys Lake Wednesday Night Bass Tournament runs weekly through Sept. 11. The championship round will include the top-30 anglers based on total weight over 12 weeks and will be worth $1,200. The lunker tournament (each angler weighing one fish) will begin at 6 p.m. with weigh-in at 9 p.m. at the launch. Registration is at 4:30 p.m. Entry fee is $15 with a one-time $10 fee to be eligible for the championship round. For more information, call Duke Dalley at 991-0080 or visit www.dukedalley.com.
Barney and Bear’s Fall Trout and Bass Derby will be held in Lansing, N.Y., on Sept. 14-15. Entry fee is $20, including lunker for trout only. There will be an 80 percent payback, and the minimum length for lake and brown trout is 24 inches; salmon and rainbow trout 21 inches; and bass 15 inches. Ten places will be paid for trout, three for bass. For more information call Barney Baldwin at 607-229-9341 or Bear’s Bait Shot at 607-227-7512.
* To submit results or add a tournament to the schedule, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.