Suskie Bassmaster River Series
(Held every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.)
Aug. 28 results
(40 anglers, 18 boats, 97.5 percent of the anglers brought fish to weigh-in, average weight of 1.60 pounds):
1. John Centak - 3.41 pounds
2. David R. McGovern - 3.01 pounds
3. Dale Selli - 2.25 pounds
Small bass pool: Alan Centi - .84 pounds
Big Bass Leader (season): John Centak - 3.41 pounds
Top 10 standings
(three tournaments left in the season):
1. Chris Ostrowski - 17.07 pounds
2. Chet Williams - 16.94 pounds
3. Dave Searfoss - 16.61 pounds
4. Ed Mrochko - 16.26 pounds
5. Jeremy Miller - 16.00 pounds
6. Frank Slymock - 15.59 pounds
7. Paul Smith - 14.89 pounds
8. John Nealon - 14.49 pounds
9. Ray Jones - 14.40 pounds
10. Rob Rosencrans - 14.33 pounds
Harvey’s Lake Wednesday Night Bass Tournament
(Held every Wednesday at the public boat launch)
Aug. 28 results
(45 anglers, 25 fish weighed, 60 percent weigh-in rate):
1. Jonathon Kelley - 3.37-pound smallmouth
2. Joe Zombek - 3.25-pound largemouth
3. Rob Polishan - 3.05-pound largemouth
4. John Niezgoda - 2.85-pound smallmouth
5. Josh Davenport - 2.57-pound largemouth
Upcoming area bass tournaments
The Suskie Bassmasters and PA Kayak Fishing Association will host an open team bass tournament and CPR (Catch, Photo, Release) Kayak Tournament for the Shickshinny Boat Launch Grand Opening on Sept. 14. Launch for the bass tournament is 7 a.m. with weigh-in at 3 p.m. Entry fee is $75 and limit is five fish. Payout is 100 percent. For more information, call Rob Rosencrans at 881-1068. The Kayak CPR Tournament will launch at 7:30 a.m. and report-in at 1:30 p.m. Entry fee is $20 and the limit is one fish. Payout is 95 percent. For more information, call John Oast at 441-4606.
The PA Bass Casters will hold an open tournament today at Lake Carey.
The Suskie Bassmasters host a Wednesday tournament each week on the Susquehanna River through Sept. 1. The tournament will be held at the boat launch in Nesbitt Park. Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. Launch is at 5:30 p.m. p.m. and weigh-in is at 9 p.m. For more information, visit www.teamrosencrans.org.
The Harveys Lake Wednesday Night Bass Tournament runs weekly through Sept. 11. The championship round will include the top-30 anglers based on total weight over 12 weeks and will be worth $1,200. The lunker tournament (each angler weighing one fish) will begin at 6 p.m. with weigh-in at 9 p.m. at the launch. Registration is at 4:30 p.m. Entry fee is $15 with a one-time $10 fee to be eligible for the championship round. For more information, call Duke Dalley at 991-0080 or visit www.dukedalley.com.
Barney and Bear’s Fall Trout and Bass Derby will be held in Lansing, N.Y., on Sept. 14-15. Entry fee is $20, including lunker for trout only. There will be an 80 percent payback, and the minimum length for lake and brown trout is 24 inches; salmon and rainbow trout 21 inches; and bass 15 inches. Ten places will be paid for trout, three for bass. For more information, call Barney Baldwin at 607-229-9341 or Bear’s Bait Shop at 607-227-7512.
• To submit results or add a tournament to the schedule, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.