The Factoryville Sportsmen’s Club will hold its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 7:30 p.m. Election of officers and board members will be held at the conclusion of the meeting. First-time members are reminded of their obligation to attend the meeting of their nomination into the club.
The Factoryville Sportsmen’s Club will hold its annual Turkey Dinner and Shoot on Sunday, Nov. 3. Rifle and shotgun competitions will commence at 9 a.m., and the turkey dinner will begin at noon. Competitors have an opportunity to win frozen turkeys as prizes. The full turkey dinner and dessert is available at a cost of $8, as well as takeouts. This is an open event and all are encouraged to attend. For directions and more information on the club, visit www.fscweb.org.
The Endless Mountains Nature Center will hold the following events (for more information or to register, call 570-836-3835 or visit www.EMNConline.org or www.facebook.com/groups/EMNC1):
• Mommy and Me Naturally is for children ages 2-5 to play and learn. Enjoy games, exploring, role-playing and songs led by naturalist Rebecca Lesko. The event will be held at Riverside Park on Bridge Street in Tunkhannock on Oct. 30, from 10-11 a.m. Registration is required.
• Owl Day will be held at the Endless Mountain Nature Center on Sunday, Nov. 10, from 1-4 p.m. Bill Streeter from the Delaware Valley Raptor Center will conduct a live bird program. There will also be arts and crafts with an owl theme, and owl pellet dissection to learn about what they eat. Registration is required.
The U.S. Army Corps Engineers’ Philadelphia District will host a meeting to review the 2013 Francis E. Walter Dam recreation plan and solicit feedback for next year’s plan.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Nov. 7, at the Holiday Inn Express in White Haven. (intersection of Route 940 and Northeast Extension of the Pa. Turnpike).
In 2013, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers held all of its scheduled whitewater and fisheries releases throughout the recreation season. Organizational leadership is encouraged to attend and provide recommendations and feedback.
Nescopeck State Park will hold the following events in November (for more information or to register, call 570-403-2006):
• Saturday, Nov. 2 — Guided hike: Lehigh Gorge State Park, 10:30 a.m. — Meet at the White Haven Library
• Tuesday, Nov. 12 — Guided hike: Woodland Way Trail, 9 a.m. — Meet at the Nescopeck State Park Office
• Saturday, Nov. 16 — Scout Day, 1 to 3:30 p.m. — Meet at the Nescopeck State Park Office