Another NFL Sunday, another week where a couple of former Penn State players made game-changing plays.
In Kansas City’s 17-16 victory over the Houston Texans, Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali made several key plays in the fourth quarter, including a sack and forced fumble that sealed the game for the Chiefs.
Hali finished the game with 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and and six tackles (five solo). He has now record six sacks in his last two games.
Dallas linebacker Sean Lee helped the Cowboys shut down the Philadelphia Eagles, 17-3. Lee had 11 tackles (nine solo) and intercepted rookie Eagles quarterback Matt Barkley in the fourth quarter.
Here’s how other Penn Staters fared during Week 7.
• San Francisco 49er linebacker NaVarro Bowman had six tackles (five solo) in the 49ers 31-17 victory over Tennessee. 49er linebacker Nate Stupar was active for the game but did not record a defensive statistic.
• Chicago Bears place kicker Robbie Gould hit on two of three field goals with a 49-yard kick as a long. He also converted on all five of his extra points. Washington linebacker Josh Hull, who was signed by the team on Oct. 15, had two tackles (one solo). Redskins running back Evan Royster was active for the game but did not record an offensive statistic.
• Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Jordan Hill was inactive for the Seahawks 34-22 victory over Arizona.
• Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Derek Moye had one reception for 19 yards in the Steelers 19-16 victory over the Batlimore Ravens. Ravens center A.Q. Shipley served as a reserve for the game.
• Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Jarred Odrick had two solo tackles in the Dolphins 23-21 loss to the Buffalo Bills. Dolphins linebacker Cameron Wake had one solo tackle.
• The San Diego Chargers leaned on a piar of former Penn State lineman as the team struggled with injuries in its 24-6 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Rookie Johnnie Troutman started his fourth game of the year, playing left guard, while Rich Ohrnberger was forced into action at right guard during the game. Jacksonville Jaguar linebacker Paul Posluszny continue to put up impresstive numbers with 14 tackles (13 solo).
• Green Bay Packers tight end Andrew Quarless played but did not record a reception in his team’s 31-13 victory over the Cleveland Browns.
• Cincinnati Bengals defensive lineman Devon Still was involved on two tackles in his team’s 27-24 victory over Detroit Lions.
• Gerald Hodges and Michael Mauti were with the Minnesota Vikings, playing Monday night against the New York Giants.