Local bass tournament schedules and results (to have your tournament listed or post results, email [email protected]):
Duke’s Bass Tournaments will hold a weekly Wednesday night tournament at Harveys Lake. Starting time is 6 p.m. and weigh-in is at 9 p.m. at the public boat launch. Anglers will weigh-in their heaviest bass and the weekly entry fee is $20 plus a one-time fee of $10 to be eligible for the championship. The tournament will run for 12 weeks and the top 30 anglers in total weight will compete for the $1,200 championship. There will be weekly payouts for first and second place. For more information, visit dukesbasstournament.wixsite.com/2017
The Suskie Bassmasters will hold a Wednesday night tournament on the Susquehanna River. The tournament runs from 5:30 to 9 p.m. and registration is at the Nesbitt Park boat launch. On Aug. 16, weigh-in will begin at 8:30 p.m. for the remainder of the season. The championship will be held on Sept. 24 for the top 30 anglers plus those who have participated in 10 tournaments. For more information, visit suskiebass.org.
Back Woods Bass Anglers will hold weekly open tournaments on the Susquehanna River and Harveys Lake. The river tournament will be held at the Nesbitt Park boat launch on Monday nights with the championship set for Sept. 4. Start time is 5:30 p.m. and weigh-in begins at 9:30 p.m. The lake tournament will be held on Friday night from 6 to 11 p.m. at the public boat launch. The date for the championship will be determined later. Cost for each tournament is $40 per team or $30 for single angler, and the lunker fee is included. There is a four fish limit for both tournaments. For more information call or text Bob Strunk at 570-991-2403 or visit Back Woods Bass Facebook page.
Back Woods Bass will hold a Sunday tournament on the Susquehanna River at Nesbitt Park on the following dates (tournament runs from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is a five fish limit and cost is $60 per boat):
PA Bass Casters will hold open buddy bass tournaments on the following dates (All launch times will be at safe light. There is a five fish limit for each tourney. For more information call Dan at 570-762-1469:
Aug. 13 - Harveys Lake from the public boat launch
Sept. 3 - Lake Carey
Oct. 22 - Harveys Lake
Oct. 29 - Harveys Lake
PA Bass Casters will hold club tournaments (must be a club member to fish) on the following dates:
Aug. 6 - Otisco Lake, N.Y.
Aug. 19-20 - Cayuga and Owasco, N.Y.
Sept. 10 - Cowanesque Lake
Oct. 1 - Lake Wallenpaupack
Oct. 7-8 - Keuka Lake, N.Y.
The Blytheburn Lake Association will hold three bass tournaments this year on:
Sunday, Sept. 24: Entrance fee is $40 per team and a $10 lunker fee. Boats will launch at 6:30 a.m. and the tournament ends at 11 a.m. To register or for more information, call Janeann at 570-868-6895.
Bass tournament results:
Duke’s Bass Tournament at Harveys Lake (Aug. 2; 19 boats and 535 anglers competed, 20 fish weighed in):
1. Jim Roberts - 4.48 lb. largemouth
2. Greg Mikulski - 4.09 lb. largemouth
3. Ron Dopko - 3.4 lb. smallmouth
4. Steve Hovanec - 3.01 lb. smallmouth
5. Tom Bralczyk - 2.67 lb. largemouth
Suskie Bassmasters tournament on the Susquehanna River on Aug. 2 (43 anglers, 32 fish weighed in for an average weight of 1.42 lbs.):
1. Dave Searfoss - 2.74 lbs.
2. Don Parsons - 2.33 lbs.
3. Dan Byorick Sr. - 2.25 lbs.
4. Chuck Saypack - 1.79 lbs.
5. Andy Nealon - 1.69 lbs.
PA Bass Casters bass tournament at Lake Winola on July 30 (12 teams competed with heavy boat traffic on the lake. Three teams brought in a limit of five fish, and 33 weighed in overall for a total weight of 62 lbs.):
1. Joe Kosloski and Ken Kosloski - 12.25 lbs., 5 fish
2. Joe Lasecki and Mike Musial - 9.89 lbs., 5 fish
3. Rob Nowak and Bill Allabaugh Sr., - 8.43 lbs., 4 fish
4. Brian Masi and Sandy Kimmell - 6.78 lbs., 4 fish
5. Collin Morrison and Joe Pohalick - 6.45 lbs., 5 fish
Lunker - Ken Kosloski - 3.98 lb. largemouth
Blytheburn Lake bass tournament on July 23:
1. Bob Curran and Rick McKeak - 19.2-inch, 2.9 lb. largemouth
2. Brian Decker and Rich Spaide - 16-inch, 2.1 lb. largemouth
Back Woods Bass weekly Monday night tournament on the Susquehanna River (July 31)
1. Dan Byorick and Pete and Michael Frank - 7 lbs. 7 oz. also 2 lbs 5 oz lunker
2. Frank Slymock and Ray Jones - 5 lbs. 6 oz.
3. Bob Strunk and Ron Dopko - 5 lbs.
4. Brian Oppelt and Lamont Twiggs Banks - 3 lbs. 6 oz.
Lunker - Dan Byorick, Pete and Michael Frank - 2 lbs. 5 oz.
Back Woods Bass weekly Friday night tournament at Harveys Lake (July 28):
1. Chuck Peterman and Rob Vales - 8 lbs. 11 oz
2. Kenny Kosloski and Ron Dopko - 7 lbs. 9 oz.
3. Tom Bralczyk - 6 lb. 7 oz.
4. Rich and Greg Harris, Paul Narcum - 5 lbs. 5 oz.
5. Bob Strunk and Bob Albee - 3 lbs.
Lunker - Rich and Greg Harris, Paul Narcum - 4 lbs. 4 oz.
Aug. 4 at Harveys Lake:
1. Duke Daley and Rich Harris - 8 lbs. 15 oz. also 3 lbs 2 oz lunker
2. Ron Dopko and Tom Bralcyzk - 8 lbs. 5 oz.
3. Dennis and Alicia - 4 lbs. 4 oz.
4. Chuck Peterman and Rob Vales - 2 lbs. 6 oz.
5. Bob and Tara Strunk - 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Lunker - Duke Daley and Rich Harris - 3 lbs. 2 oz.