Sunday, July 13, 2014





2 dead, 4 sick from eating wild mushrooms


February 19. 2013 4:42PM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Authorities say two residents of a Northern California assisted living facility have died and four others are hospitalized after eating soup with wild mushrooms.


Placer County sheriff's officials told the Sacramento Bee that 86-year-old Barbara Lopes and 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz — residents of Gold Age Villa, an elderly care home in Loomis — died after eating the soup that had been prepared by a caregiver at the facility.


Sheriff's Lt. Mark Reed says the caregiver who prepared the soup was among the six people sickened.




Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds