Saturday, July 12, 2014





Disney says JJ Abrams to direct next 'Star Wars'


March 17. 2013 3:25AM
Story Tools
PrintPrint | E-MailEMail | SaveSave | Hear Generate QR Code QR
Send to Kindle


d549433bab024658a05bdf02003eb52e.jpg



(AP) It's official. The force is with J.J. Abrams.


The Walt Disney Co. issued a statement Friday night confirming reports that had been circulating for two days that Abrams, creator of TV's Lost and director of 2009's Star Trek movie, has been pegged to direct the seventh installment of the Star Wars franchise.


Disney said the movie will have a script from Toy Story 3 writer Michael Arndt and a 2015 release.


Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote two of the movies in the original trilogy, will work as a consultant on the new project.


Disney bought Star Wars maker Lucasfilm last month for $4.06 billion.


Star Wars creator George Lucas said in the statement that Abrams is the ideal choice of director and his legacy couldn't be in better hands.


Associated Press


Comments
comments powered by Disqus Commenting Guidelines
Poll
Mortgage Minute


Search for New & Used Cars

Make 
Model
 
Used New All
 

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just the home you want!

Search Times Leader Classifieds to find just what you need!

Search Pet Classifieds
Dogs Cats Other Animals



Social Media/RSS
Times Leader on Twitter
Times Leader on Youtube
Times Leader on Google+
The Times Leader on Tumblr
The Times Leader on Pinterest
Times Leader RSS Feeds