American Lung Association
• Informational Arena Climb meeting: Every first Thursday in Feb., March and April until the climb on April 6. RSVP: 570.823.2212.
Academy of Northern Martial Arts (79 N. Main St., Pittston) Traditional Kung Fu & San Shou. For Health and Defense. Adult & Children's Classes, Mon.-Thurs., Sat. First class free. Walk-ins welcome, call 371.9919, 817.2161 for info.
Adult Kung Fu (Kung Fu & Tai Chi Center, Wilkes-Barre: 570.829.2707)
Ongoing classes. Tues./Thurs., 6:30 p.m. Study of Chinese Martial Art open hand, weapons sets. Mon., Wed., 6:30 p.m. Covers Chinese style theories, concepts, applications. Sport fighting concepts explained, practiced.
Aikido of Scranton, Inc. (1627 N. Main Ave., Scranton, 570.963.0500)
• Self-Defense Class taught by Aikido Master Ven Sensei, every Mon. & Wed., 7-9 p.m. $10.
• Traditional Weapons Class, Thurs., 7-9 p.m. $10.
Back Mountain Martial Arts Center & Mountaintop Karate Center
For info, call either location, Back Mountain (4 Carr Ave., 570.675.9535) or Mountaintop (312 S. Mountain Blvd., 466.6474): Visit Website at www.fudoshinkai1.com.
• Instruction in Traditional Karate, Jujutsu, Sivananda Yoga (Back Mountain): Tues., Wed., Thurs., 4:30-9 p.m., Sat., 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. (Mountaintop Karate Center Mon., Weds., Fri., 4:30-9 p.m.
• Instruction in Traditional Karate, Jujutsu, Sivananda Yoga (Mountaintop): Mon., Wed., Fri., 4:30-9 p.m.
Beauty Lies Within School of Pole Dance (32 Forrest St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.793.5757, firstname.lastname@example.org). Hours by appointment. Call or e-mail for details.
Dance Contours (201 Bear Creek Blvd., Wilkes-Barre, 570.208.0152, www.dancecontours.com)
• Adult classes: ballet, tap, lyrical, CardioSalsa, ballroom dance.
• Children/teen classes: ballet, tap, CheerDance, HipTech Jazz, a form of dance blending basic Jazz Technique with styles of street dance, hip hop.
• Zumba classes for adults: Tues., 6 p.m., Sat., 10 a.m. First class free.
• Adult ballet: Sat. morn.
Danko's Core Wrestling Strength Training Camp (DankosAllAmericanFitness.com)
• Four sessions/week, features two clinics, two core strength. 4 sessions/week. Increase power, speed, agility. Group discounts, coaches, teams, clubs, free stuff. Visit website or call Larry Danko at 570.825.5989 for info.
Downtown Arts at Arts YOUniverse (47 N. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.970.2787, www.artsyouniverse.com)
• Traditional Egyptian Belly Dance: Wed., beginners 6-7 p.m.; intermediate 7-8 p.m. intermediate. $10. Call 343.2033 for info.
• Tribal Fusion Dance: Thurs., beginners 6-7 p.m.; intermediate 7-8 p.m. $10. Call 836.7399 for info.
• Cabaret with Helena: Sat., 4:30 p.m. Pre-registration required. Call 553.2117 for info.
• African Dance: Wed. & Sun., 1 p.m. Traditional African moves with jazz and hip-hop. $10, registration required, call 212.9644 or visit hipbodysoul.com for info.
Downtown Dojo Karate Academy (84 S. Main St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.262.1778)
Offering classes in traditional karate, weapons, self defense. Mon-Thurs., 5:30-8:45 p.m.; Sat., 9 a.m.-noon.
• Zumba Classes: Tues., Thurs., 7-8 p.m.; Sat., 12:30-1:30 p.m. $5/class. Call for info.
Extreme M.M.A.(2424 Old Berwick Rd., Bloomsburg. 570.854.2580)
• MMA Class: Mon., Wed., 6-7 p.m. First visit free. Wrestling fundamentals, basic Brazilian Ju-Jitsu No Gi. Call for info.
• Boxing/Kickboxing Fitness Class: Mon., Wed., 7-8 p.m. First visit free. Non-combative class.
• Personal Training: Call 317.7250 for info.
Fazio's Hapkido Do Jang (61 Main St., Luzerne, 570.239.1191)
Accepting new students. Children (age 7-12) Mon./Wed., 5:30-6:30 p.m. Teen/adult Mon./Wed., 6:45-8:15 p.m.; Tues.-Thurs., 6:30-8 p.m. Private lesson also available.
Learn Hapkido. Self defense applications. $50 monthly, no contract.
Galli's Fighting Chance School of Self-Defense (504 Roosevelt St., Exeter, 570.693. 2091)
• Stranger Danger self-defense classes for ages 7 to 14. One-hour sessions Saturdays at 10 a.m. starting Sat. $40 per student, $20 for parent.
All camps 50 percent off until Jan. 31.
• Beach Body Bootcamp: Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m. and 5:45 p.m.
• Bridal Bootcamp: Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. Bridal party group training, couples personal training available.
• Fitness Bootcamp: 4-week sessions, Mon.-Fri., 6:30 & 8 p.m.; Sat., 1 p.m.
• New Year's Resolution Flab to Fab Bootcamp: Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
• Private/Semi-Private sessions available, e-mail for info.
Harris Conservatory for the Arts (545 Charles St. Luzerne, 570.287.7977 or 718.0673)
• Dragons' Tale Karate: Mon., 5:30-7 p.m.; Wed., 6-7:30 p.m. Ages 5+.
• Tumbling: Fri., 5:30-6:30 p.m. Ages 5+. $30/month.
Kwonkodo Lessons – by reservation at The Hapkido Teakwondo Institute (210 Division St., Kingston). $40/month. Call 570.287.4290 for info.
Northeastern Ju-Jitsu (1047 Main St., Swoyersville, 570.714.3839, nejujitsu.com)
Open 7 days/week, offers training in Traditional Karate, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, Judo, Women's self defense. Group, private self defense classes available by appointment.
Nutrifitness (311 Market St., Kingston. 570.288.2409, thenutrifitnessbootcamp.com)
-Boot Camp: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m., Sat. Noon.
-WIRRED Fitness: Mon. 6:45 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m.
-Triple 8 Body Burn: Tues., Thurs. 6:30 p.m., Sat. 11:30 a.m.
-Yoga with Priya: Thurs. 7 p.m.
-Tai Chi with Geoff Dixon: Tues., Thurs. Noon
Riot Hooping and Aerial Dance (210 Division Street, Kingston, www.riothooping.com, 912.656.4649). Offering Aerial Silks Intro classes, Mon./Tues., 7pm. Aerial Silks Beginner Series (four classes), Mon./Tues., 8pm. Visit riothooping.com for info and registration.
Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Network, Scranton. Day, evening classes for men, women, children. Ongoing classes 6 days/week. Covers sport, combat, self-defense aspects of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. For info visit gracie-nepa.com or call 570.347.1107.
School of Combat Arts (24 Forrest St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.468.9701, schoolofcombatarts.com)
Open 6 days/week. Offering classes in Brazilian jiu jitsu, submission grappling, Russian sambo, boxing, Muay Thai, kickboxing, Ninjutsu, wrestling. Classes for men, women, children. Group, private classes available. Children's class now for $35/month.
Shaolin White Crane Fist (Wyoming)
Teaching traditional Chinese martial arts of Shaolin White Crane Fist, Wing Chun Gong Fu, Yang Style Taijiquan, Qigong-Energy work, Shauijiao-Chinese Wrestling, more. $35/week, first week free. Three levels of training, ages 15+. Contact Master Mike DiMeglio 570.371.8898.
Sil-Lum Kung-Fu & Tai-Chi Academy (509 Pittston Ave., Scranton)
• Specializing in Traditional Chinese Martial Arts as taught in The Central Guoshu Institute. Instruction in classical Shaolin styles includes: Sil-Lum Hung-Gar Tiger Claw, Shaolin White Crane Boxing, Northern Long Fist Kung-Fu. Info: 570.341.8089, 249.1087
St. Joseph's School classes (1627 N. Main Ave., Scranton, 570.963.0500):
• Traditional Weapons Class: Thurs., 7-9 p.m. Self-defense techniques using cane, club, short stick, wooden sword, escrima sticks, more. Learn history principles, practical use. No prior martial arts experience. $10/class.
• Women's Self-Defense Class: Sat., 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Self-defense techniques to protect from variety of attacks. No prior martial arts experience. Wear loose fitting clothes. $10/class.
Traditional Hung-Gar Tiger/Crane Kung-Fu The Tiger's Ark, Kingston. Unlock the real power, learn true meaning behind all martial movements by focusing on development of conceptual body language skills through use of age-old training apparatuses. Training more difficult than mainstream martial arts, done at own pace. Info: 570.817.5070
Unity: A Center for Spiritual Living (140 South Grant St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.824.7722)
• A Course in Miracles / Holistic Fitness-Yoga Sessions: Tues., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Waverly Community House (1115 N. Abington Rd., Waverly, 570.586.8191, www.waverlycomm.org)
• Tennis Clinics Beginner-Intermediate: Private, semi-private lessons.
World Class Boxing (239 Schuyler Ave., Kingston, www.wcbboxing.net, 570.262.0061)
• Boxing & Kickboxing Fitness Bootcamp: Mon.-Sat. non-contact program
Programs include Kids & Teen Boxing programs, striking for MMA & competition training, women's-only kickboxing Boot Camp, Zumba, more.
Wyoming Valley Goju Ryu Karate Academy
• Classes Tues., Thurs. (kids: 5:30-7 p.m.; teens/adults: 7-8:30 p.m.); Sat. (kids: 10:30 a.m.-noon; teens/adults: Noon-1:30 p.m.), Kingston Rec. Center (655 Third Ave., Kingston).Info: 888.328.3218, valleygojukarate.com
Y Walk Wed. Guided evening walks in Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton. Begin 6 p.m., meet in lobby either city's YMCA. In case of rain, walk same time following day. Info: Wilkes-Barre YMCA, 570.823.2191; Hazleton, 455.2046
Nescopeck State Park (1137 Honey Hole Rd., Drums, 570.403.2006)
• Snowshoe Loaner Program: Sign-outs from 8:30 a.m. with returns by 3 p.m. Must be at least 6 inches of snow on the ground, valid driver's license provided by one person in the group required. Call ahead for availability.
Wallenpaupack Scenic Boat Tour 11 a.m.-6 p.m., $14/regular, $13/senior, $10/12 and under. Celebrating 50th year on the lake with daily one-hour cruises. Info: 570.226.3293, wallenpaupackboattour.com.
- Send your listings to WBWnews@civitasmedia.com, 90 E. Market St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18703, or fax to 570.831.7375. Deadline is Mondays at 2 p.m. Print listings occur up until three weeks from publication date. Expanded listings at theweekender.com.