ALDEN: St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 12 E. Kirmar Ave., invites the public to the 10 a.m. service Sunday for Holy Eucharist celebrated by the Rev. John Leo. Boy Scouts from Troop 418 will participate. Coffee and cake will be served after the service.
DALLAS: This year's World Day of Prayer service will be held at 1:30 p.m. March 1 at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 105 Irem Road. Church Women United is sponsoring the service and all Wyoming Valley and Back Mountain churches are invited to attend. Following the service, a tea will be held in the fellowship hall.
There will be a planning meeting at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 15 and a rehearsal at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 22 at Trinity.
For more information, call 675-3131.
MOUNTAIN TOP: St. Paul's Lutheran Church will host the following events:
• A healing service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday. A pot-luck luncheon will follow.
• The Yarn Spinners will meet at 1 p.m. Wednesday. They are currently working on items for Coalition for Mission in Appalachia through April. Those who crochet or knit, or would like to learn, are invited. Lessons will be given by Lois Burge. Those who cannot attend the meetings, but would like to knit at home, can call Lois at 474-5502.
• The Book of Faith Bible Study group will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 11.
MOUNTAIN TOP: Christ United Methodist Church, 175 S. Main Road, has announced the following events:
• Boy Scout Sunday will be celebrated during the 10:45 a.m. service Sunday.
• The Friendship Circle meets the third Wednesday of every month. New members are welcome. Members are currently making homemade Easter eggs at 6 p.m. on Feb. 5 and 7, 12 and 14, 19 and 20, and 26 and 27 in the kitchen. Volunteers are welcome.
• The following items are needed for the food bank: jelly, peanut butter, canned and dry soup, canned fruits, Jello and pudding mixes, sugar, flour and coffee. Any non-perishable food items are always useful.
For more information, call the church office at 474-6060 between 9 a.m.-2 p.m. weekdays.
WILKES-BARRE: The Lay Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are sponsoring an outdoor rosary at 7 p.m. every Sunday at the Fatima Grotto in Wilkes-Barre (across from Holy Cross Retirement Center). The group recites the 15 decades of the rosary.
WILKES-BARRE: Unity of NEPA: A Spiritual Center, 140 S. Grant St., has announced the following events for February:
Sunday: The kickoff to Friendship Month will feature Richard Pacheco. He will speak about Growing Holy Relationships. Service begins at 10 a.m. in Harmony Hall.
Feb. 9: Saturday Evening Spiritual Cinema at Unity. Movie is Finding Joe. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Love offering is suggested.
Feb. 10: Second installment of Friendship Month featuring the Rev. Diane Sickler. Topic: Thank You For Being a Friend. Service begins at 10 a.m. in Harmony Hall.
Feb. 13: Call to Leadership Webinar with Gregg Levoy at 7 p.m. Love offering will be accepted.
Feb. 17: Third installment of Friendship Month will feature Davienne Piatt. Topic will be When Love Finds You Be Willing to be Found. Service begins at 10 a.m. in Harmony Hall.
Feb. 20: Adult Book Study of The Bridge: The Seven Stage Map to Redefine Your Life and Purpose will continue with Stage 2: Developing a Positive Self-Concept. The segment of the course will be lead by Daniel Strack. Class begins at 6:30 p.m. in Harmony Hall. A love offering will be taken.
Feb. 24: The Friendship Month celebration will close with the Rev. Diane Sickler speaking about Continuing Holy Relationships. Service begins at 10 a.m. in Harmony Hall. Following the service, the next congregational class, Mysteries of John, will begin at 11:45 a.m.
For more information, visit www.unityofnepa.org.