WILKES-BARRE – Andrew James Witterschein, 19, of Middletown, N.Y., was cited with purchase or consumption of alcohol in the area of King's College on Sept. 21, according to the state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement.
A summary trial is scheduled on Oct. 29 before District Judge Rick Cronauer in Wilkes-Barre.
HANOVER TWP. – State police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement reported the following:
• The Slice is Right, 758 Sans Souci Parkway, Hanover Township, was recently cited with possessed or operated gambling devices or permitted gambling or lotteries.
• Grabs Inc., doing business as Late Nite, 46 Oxford St., Hanover Township, was recently cited with furnishing or permitting sale of alcohol to a minor.
• Wyoming Aerie 1965 Fraternal Order of Eagles, 445 W. Eighth St., West Wyoming, was recently cited with sale of alcoholic beverages to non-members.
• Tommyboys, 14 N. Market St., Nanticoke, was recently cited with refilled liquor bottles.
• Bull Run Tavern, 177 E. Main St., Plymouth, was recently cited with sale of alcoholic beverages without a license after temporary authority expired on March 27, 2012, and permitted sale of alcohol to minors.
• Three licensed establishments sold alcohol to minors while three establishments did not sell alcohol to minors during an age compliance check on Sunday.
GMR Restaurants of Pennsylvania, doing business as The Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, Wilkes-Barre CBG, doing business as Lucky's Sporthouse, and Pizza Associates, doing business as The Grotto Pizza, all in Wilkes-Barre Township, did not sell alcohol to minors.
Business names that did sell alcohol to minors were not released.
• Slate Bar & Lounge, 2324 Sans Souci Parkway, Hanover Township, was recently cited with furnishing or permitting sale of alcohol to a minor.
HANOVER TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• Township police investigating an illegally parked vehicle arrested Christina Smith, 43, of Exeter, on marijuana possession charges on Sunday.
Smith was allegedly in possession of marijuana and a scale, township police said.
Smith was released without bail after she was arraigned on charges of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance.