PLAINS TWP. – A Nanticoke man was arrested at a hospital on an alleged protection from abuse order violation.
Township police responded to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center at 9:18 p.m. Wednesday for a reported fight.
Police said Sarena Lindsay, of Plains Township, was involved in an argument with her ex-husband, Kareem Hough, of Nanticoke, in the fourth floor hallway and that Hough punched Lindsay on the left side of her face.
Police also learned that Hough has a no-contact PFA against him from Lindsay. The PFA was confirmed and Hough was arrested for allegedly violating the order. Hough also is on probation and a detainer was issued against him as a result of getting arrested again. He was transported to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• Kelly Fuller was charged with retail theft after an employee at Dollar General, 295 S. Main St., reported to police that she had store merchandise in her hooded sweatshirt pocket while she was purchasing other items, police said.
The item in question was makeup valued at $4.24, police said.
• A woman reported that someone slashed three of the four tires on her 2003 Ford Ranger while she was at work at 17 E. Market St. between 4 and 8 p.m. Wednesday.
• Israel Hughes reported on Thursday that someone stole his 2005 Nissan Altima while it was parked outside 15 Hughes St.
• Luzerne County Deputy Sheriff Mark Senczakowicz reported on Thursday that someone ransacked two Sheriff's Department vehicles. The incident is under investigation.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• An employee at Arby's at the Wyoming Valley Mall reported at 1:50 p.m. Monday that the restaurant received a counterfeit $10 bill from an unknown female.
• Store security for Target at Wilkes-Barre Township Commons reported at 5 p.m. Tuesday that an unknown male stole $374.90 worth of merchandise and fled the store.
HAZLE TWP. – Chelsea Smith told state police in Hazleton that someone stole the Pioneer stereo out of her dashboard while her vehicle was parked in the rear lot of Hollywood Diner off the Airport Beltway sometime between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. Anyone with information should call state police at 459-3890.
PITTSTON – A woman was arraigned Friday on charges she sold heroin.
Alicia Granahan, 30, of Broad Street, Pittston, was charged with three counts of possession of a controlled substance and two counts each of sale of a controlled substance to a drug dependent person and criminal use of communication facility. She was jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $50,000 bail.
Police and the Luzerne County Drug Task Force allege Granahan sold heroin on Aug. 16, 2011, and Aug. 23, 2011, in the area of 142 S. Main St., Pittston, according to the criminal complaints.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Dec. 19.
WILKES-BARRE – Shanae Theresa Coleman, 29, of Mark Drive, Hanover Township, was arraigned Friday on charges of retail theft and false identification to law enforcement.
City police allege Coleman failed to pay for clothing she hid in a purse at Burlington Coat Factory on Spring Street on July 16, 2011. Coleman used another name to identify herself, according to the criminal complaint.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled on Dec. 20.