WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• Robert Melovitz, Wilkes-Barre, was charged with disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and resisting arrest after an incident at 74 Academy St. around 11 p.m. Monday, police said.
Police said Melovitz yelled and screamed at police and threatened neighbors when police responded to a report of a domestic dispute at the property.
At police headquarters, Melovitz refused to take off his boots or remove the laces and assumed a fighting stance, police said. He was lodged in the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.
• Two tires were slashed on a vehicle parked in a driveway on South Grant Street. The damage occurred between Friday and Monday.
• Alli Frankeo said a Sony Playstation, a Pandora bracelet, an iPhone and approximately 30 DVDs were stolen during a break-in at her residence Monday on South Franklin Street. Frankeo said she left her residence around 11:30 a.m. and returned at 2 p.m. to find it had been burglarized.
• Michele Garey, no age or address available, was arrested Monday after a report of a retail theft at the Dollar General Store on South Main Street. Garey had taken two bottles of an energy drink worth a total of $2 without paying for them, police said. When police apprehended her, they said, she had bloodshot eyes, a staggered gait and a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. She was transported to police headquarters and held for arraignment.
• David Hornack, no age or address available, was taken into custody Monday after he stumbled into the rear of a police car on South Main Street. An officer said he detected a strong odor of alcohol on Hornack's breath when questioning him. He was taken to police headquarters and issued a citation.
• A woman arrested on an outstanding warrant Tuesday by Pittston police was also wanted in connection with retail theft at Boscov's Department Store on South Main Street. Police said a store loss-prevention officer saw Melissa Connors, no age or address available, take a ring and three sets of earrings. The officer tried to stop Connors as she was leaving the store, but she fled and got into a waiting vehicle, police said. Pittston police later provided her name to Wilkes-Barre police. Store surveillance indicated Connors was the same person arrested by Pittston police.
•A woman arrested in connection with a retail theft at Boscov's on South Main Street was also wanted on an outstanding warrant. Jessica McGoldrick, no age or address available, was taken into custody after a store loss prevention officer saw her take clothing valued at $58, police said. She was detained for police who took her to headquarters. She was later committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility on the outstanding warrant.
PLAINS TWP. – Police reported the following:
• Tammy Hake of Manchester said Tuesday the rear passenger window on her 2012 Ford Explorer was smashed with a beer bottle while it was parked overnight at the Woodlands Inn & Resort.
• Police on Tuesday responded to a report of a female juvenile causing a disturbance at the residence of Esther Anderson at 49 Warner St. around 3:40 a.m. The juvenile was screaming and cursing and throwing garbage in Anderson's yard, police said. The juvenile was from Hollenback Street.