WILKES-BARRE – City police said they are investigating a shooting Wednesday night on Metcalf Street.
Michael Kubiak, 21, arrived at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital at approximately 10 p.m. after being shot multiple times, police said. Kubiak reportedly was shot multiple times by a male on Metcalf Street.
Kubiak suffered wounds to his face, chest, ribs and thigh, police said. He was transferred to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Plains Township for further treatment, police said.
A Geisinger spokesman said Thursday he could not release information about Kubiak's condition because Kubiak expressly requested no information be given out about him without consent.
Police said they are continuing investigation of the shooting.
HAZLETON – Leonard M. Shenosky, owner of Lenny's L.A. Café, 594-596 Alter St., was recently cited with violating the state Liquor Code by consuming alcohol while tending bar or otherwise serving alcohol on Nov. 15, according to the state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement.
HANOVER TWP. – Christopher Hummel, 35, of West Main Street, Plymouth, was cited with public drunkenness after police received complaints of an intoxicated male walking on West End Road at about 4 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
PLAINS TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• The manager of Bed, Bath & Beyond at Arena Hub Plaza reported at 7:10 p.m. Saturday that an unknown male stole two coffee makers valued at $179.99 and fled the store.
• Security at Kmart in Blackman Plaza reported at 9:30 p.m. Saturday that someone had stolen $90 worth of merchandise and fled the store.
• Police arrested Jacob E. Bartlebaugh, 28, of Hanover, and charged him with retail theft after security at Walmart reported the theft of $279.85 worth of merchandise. Police located Bartlebaugh on Wilkes-Barre Township Boulevard and took him into custody.
HANOVER TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that occurred at about 6:30 p.m. Monday on South Main Street near Division Street.
Diane Steininger, of Hanover Township, was driving north on South Main Street when her vehicle was sideswiped by a large, black SUV traveling in the opposite direction. The SUV fled the scene, passing another vehicle ahead of it and continuing south at a high rate of speed.
Steininger suffered minor injuries.
The SUV should have moderate front-end damage on the driver side as well as general driver-side damage.
• James Robert Park Jr., of Oxford Street, reported that his home was burglarized sometime in the daytime hours on Monday. Various electronic items were reported stolen. No forced entry was reported.
Anyone with information on either incident should call police at 825-1254 or dial 911.
WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• A man reported that his wallet was stolen from an unlocked locker at the Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA, 40 W. Northampton St., sometime between 1:45 and 3 p.m. Monday. The wallet contained cash, a driver's license, Social Security card, debit card and several gift cards.
• A woman at 18 Adams St. reported on Monday that her neighbor saw two boys at her vehicle around 4 p.m. and the boys fled when they realized they were being observed. The woman reported a CD case containing an unknown number of CDs was missing from her vehicle.