SUGAR NOTCH – The Sugar Notch Police Department is investigating a residential burglary at 1 Maple St. that occurred over the weekend.
Someone reportedly entered the residence and stole items including jewelry. Nearby security cameras are being reviewed. Anyone with information is asked to contact Officer McGlynn at 822-9283.
WILKES-BARRE – City police reported the following:
• A resident at 80 S. Sherman St. reported on Wednesday that someone stole cash, prescription medications and a pair of Timberland boots from her residence between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. Jan. 27.
• William Amos, of Wilkes-Barre, was driving south in the 400 block of North Pennsylvania Avenue at about 7:20 p.m. Wednesday when his 1995 Mercury struck the 2004 Jeep that Sheri Roper, of Kingston, was driving north on North Pennsylvania Avenue, police said.
Amos reported head pain and refused treatment from emergency medical services on scene. He was taken into custody and a blood-alcohol test was administered, police said.
Both vehicles were towed by LAG Towing.
• George L. Voit, 50, of Wilkes-Barre, was arrested for allegedly burglarizing an apartment on Carey Avenue on Wednesday. Voit was found in a crawl space of the apartment and was trying to steal copper pipe, police said.
Voit was charged with burglary, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and possessing instruments of crime. He was jailed at the county prison for lack of $10,000 bail.
HAZLETON – Julius Rooks-McBean, 26, of Allentown, was arrested and charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after he was observed allegedly smoking marijuana in the men's room at the Hazleton bus station at 126 W. Mine St., police said.
WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Township police reported the following:
• Megan Connors reported at 7:46 p.m. Tuesday that someone had scratched the driver's side of her 2005 Dodge while it was parked at Walmart at Wilkes-Barre Township Marketplace.
• Security at Sam's Club reported at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday that an unknown female had stolen a Samsung security system valued at $799 on Jan. 22 and fled. Security also reported that a male had stolen a Dell laptop computer valued at $799 on Tuesday and fled.
• The manager at Victoria's Secret at Wyoming Valley Mall reported at 12:20 p.m. Wednesday that a female stole $300 worth of merchandise and fled.
PLYMOUTH – Borough police are investigating vandalism to vehicles on Rowe Lane and a vehicle break-in on Palmer Lane on Monday.
PLYMOUTH – The state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement cited Maxie's, 458 W. Main St., with violating the state liquor and crimes codes by possessing or operating gambling devices or paraphernalia or permitting gambling or lotteries, pool selling and/or bookmaking on the premises on Sept. 29.
WEST HAZLETON – State police Troop N, Hazleton Barracks, reported the following crime statistics for January:
Two hundred and eighty-four criminal offenses reported; 281 criminal offenses verified and 133 criminal offenses cleared; 144 criminal arrests; 78 crashes, none fatal; 11 hit-and-runs, none fatal; 17 injured in crashes; eight DUI arrests, one DUI-related crash; 233 traffic citations issued; 994 total incidents.
NANTICOKE – Nanticoke Post No. 350, American Legion Home Association, 21-23 W. Broad St., was recently cited with possessing or operating gambling devices or permitted gambling or lotteries by the state police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement.
HANOVER TWP. – Martin Hannon of Hazle Avenue reported Thursday an unknown person cut the leather cover on his pickup truck and stole multiple tools. Hannon said two Ryobi 18-volt impact drills and one Ryobi drill bit case were stolen.
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to call township police at 825-1254.