Last updated: February 19. 2013 9:34PM - 115 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:
cdc8a2f719104aaf9904f9a057c834b9.jpg



(AP) Former International Monetary Fund leader Dominique Strauss-Kahn has stayed mum so far after settling a New York hotel maid's lawsuit accusing him of sexual assault.


Strauss-Kahn was in Paris and declined to talk about the case as a New York judge announced the deal Monday. The details were sealed.


The hotel housekeeper thanked God and her supporters after the brief announcement in a Bronx court. Her lawyers say the agreement will let her move on with her life.


Strauss-Kahn's lawyers say he's pleased to have resolved the suit. Prosecutors dropped a related criminal case last year.


The maid said Strauss-Kahn sexually attacked her in his hotel suite in May 2011. He said what happened was consensual.


At the time, he was seen as a promising French presidential candidate.


Associated Press
Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Mortgage Minute